Thread: 1994 Caprice Baby LT1 V8 4.3 L

Carb and Points!

1994 Caprice Baby LT1 V8 4.3 L

Hi All,
    CAR: 1994 Caprice V8 4.3 L
    I am in search for a resolving a code 26 CCP Error. P.S. This is the best caprice car site, and obd > 1 informative website on the net. I use this caprice to travel when I plan to ride 100 miles or more within my state. The car has one heck of an engine.
    I need some further car mechanical advice. I got a code 26 CCP. I know it means:
    1. Sometimes called Charcoal Canister Purge
    2. Sometimes called Carbon Canister Purge
    3. Something is wrong with the EVAP System.

To run down my problem I need to know:
    1. Where is the Carbon Canister Purge Solenoid and Canister located in this car?
    2. So does this car need a Vented Gas Cap or a Standard Gas Cap? (I also read somewhere that the air pressure maybe screwed up causing bad fume flow. When I refill the gas tank, suction is present and evident by the sound of hissing when I remove the gas cap.

Thanks to anybody who can answer the questions and give me further advice.

PASS THIS POINT, FOR YOUR BACKGROUND AND SEO LISTING PURPOSES:
    I also read somewhere that the air pressure maybe screwed up causing bad fume flow,

The car has a sealed gas cap and the hissing sound is normal, but can be worse if the CCP is not working. I've had a couple of these cars with Daddy engine but can't remember where it is? they all look similar, bout the size of coffee can, black usually under hood? Has a few vacuum lines to it, one to fuel tank. If the soliniod to turn it on and off is not on it it will be connected to the vacuum line from it to intake manifold. The other vent line will come from fuel tank. HTH!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-