Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: real time tuning with tuner pro

If you have different injectors than stock that needs to be addressed before anything else.
    The main thing you need to know is lb per hr at the fuel pressure you are running.
    Are the marine injectors the same as the 8.1 truck injectors? If so that would give something to go off of.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

You need to start with a baseline. 128 is actually 0% trim on earlier systems. Disconnect battery cables and jumper the cables together for 10 minutes. This will clear adaptives and eliminate the possibility of the software getting locked up. What fuel pressure are you running? What is the part number of your injectors? Key on, engine off, MAP and BARO should be the same, I suspect the map is off. ECT (coolant temp) and Ambient temp should be the same before starting, I suspect ECT is low. If it is OK, unplug the MAF (if used) and both oxygen sensors. This will keep everything at baseline. Then start engine and see if it is still rich. If it is, fuel pressure is high, injector flow too much, or .bin needs adjusted. If .bin need adjusted, look at injector flow rates. Spark plugs should look sooty if it is rich. Make sure your ignition is all correct. Good luck.
    Last edited by MO LS Noobie; 04-27-2022 at 04:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by MO LS Noobie View Post
    You need to start with a baseline. 128 is actually 0% trim on earlier systems. Disconnect battery cables and jumper the cables together for 10 minutes. This will clear adaptives and eliminate the possibility of the software getting locked up. What fuel pressure are you running? What is the part number of your injectors? Key on, engine off, MAP and BARO should be the same, I suspect the map is off. ECT (coolant temp) and Ambient temp should be the same before starting, I suspect ECT is low. If it is OK, unplug the MAF (if used) and both oxygen sensors. This will keep everything at baseline. Then start engine and see if it is still rich. If it is, fuel pressure is high, injector flow too much, or .bin needs adjusted. If .bin need adjusted, look at injector flow rates. Spark plugs should look sooty if it is rich. Make sure your ignition is all correct. Good luck.
    I thought this was an 0411? P01?
    They are percent 0 being no trim. Are we talking about a 128 BLM system?
    Did I get lost?

Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    I thought this was an 0411? P01?
    They are percent 0 being no trim. Are we talking about a 128 BLM system?
    Did I get lost?
    You are correct with the Block Learn system, with both sides "stuck on 129" I thought that might be an issue, sorry. Disregard the 128 reference

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    If you have different injectors than stock that needs to be addressed before anything else.
    The main thing you need to know is lb per hr at the fuel pressure you are running.
    Are the marine injectors the same as the 8.1 truck injectors? If so that would give something to go off of.
    I believe they are the same as the 8.1 truck injector. The pump is a 58lb. Self regulated pump, but I am seeing 62lbs at the rail. I have a P059 ecm. As for the plugs and baseline readings, I will have to check them maybe tomorrow when I get home from work. I will post the results and I will disconnect the MAF, O2 and see what happens. I also think the injector settings may need tweaking, but I don't see the data anywhere.
    I will post the results ASAP.

Should be able to pull injector settings from a 8.1 truck bin.

Look at the thread I found on performance trucks regarding injectors.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ectors-344873/

Look at posts 7, 9 & the last one.
    Last edited by ralmo94; 04-27-2022 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added post numbers

Using the "12587603 complete XDF" injector settings parameter, injector flow rate B4001, need to set gm/sec (get conversion from "https://www.injectorrx.com/fuel-injector-cleaning-and-flow-testing-service/fuel-injectors/injector-calculators/convert-lb-per-hr-cc-min/")