Thread: Dynamic EBL question(s)

Fuel Injected!

Dynamic EBL question(s)

As many of you know I’m planning a 454 tbi build. I have decided to go the EBL route because of the VE learn (as well as many other reasons) such as if I were to go the old chip route by the time I buy all supplies it’d cost as much as the EBL so I may as well skip all that and jump right to EBL. Would I use the flash 2 or which model? For now I plan to be a mild NA build (roller cam, roller rockers, headers, intake, maybe heads) with plans for forced induction later on as I get familiar with tuning more. Other than the EBL itself, is there any cables or anything I ’d need to buy other than your run of the mill ALDL? Is it as simple as unplug old ECM and plug in the EBL & set up the flags, constants, BPC, etc and then start a VE learn? Last question, once I order my EBL, is it safe to say follow the set up procedure step by step in the Intro To Tuning Pt 2 as far as my initial calibration,etc? Thanks

The EBL "What's Up Display" is a program similar to TunerPro RT used for Observation, Playback, Data Logging, Flashing, and Analysis.

The EBL .bin file is "Edited" with TunerPro using an EBL.xdf file.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I appreciate the input Dave. I should have clarified, other than TP for edits and an ALDL is there anything else needed? Do you by chance know anything about my other questions? thanks!

You don't even need an ALDL cable, the EBL comes with its own cable which plugs in to a mini stereo type socket. Get a WBO2 for it too. You can send an email to RBob there on his site and he'll tell which route to go depending on ECM/PCM and fuel injection. HTH

Most TBI to EBL conversions Do Not require wiring changes.

EBL is very explicit . . . Do Not post / publicly share EBL information.

EBL provides good "Starter" TBI.bin files. Based on my experience with timing tables in the "Starter" TBI.bin files are good, but the EBL TBI.bin timing tables are not 100% optimized.

dave w