Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running rich in open loop

Oh, yea, sorry about that.
    7427 $0E

Had some time today and did a log to check my blms. They were all between 122-128. I'm thinking with it that close theres no point trying to adjust it any more.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Only if you wanted it better today, tomorrow would have to be done again. Your really spot on for BLM. Lean out the Open Loop AFR and should be good.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Only if you wanted it better today, tomorrow would have to be done again. Your really spot on for BLM. Lean out the Open Loop AFR and should be good.
    I would agree with this.

I looked at my xdf for $OE, and that looks like the best table to use to lean out the open loop.

I was looking for a coolant temp comp or adjustment table, but didn't see one.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Figured I would update this thread incase anyone finds it in the future. Just didnt want it to end open ended.
    I tried leaning out the open loop table with limited success, in a few ways, it made it worse (not the running rich part, but the cold engine behavior) still was cold natured and ran not too great till warmed up a bit.

Well it turns out my problem was the bin I was using. I dont know what it was. I have since changed bins to (of all things) a 0D 5.7 auto bin.
    Cold starts have greatly improved, cold idle is better, cold engine behavior/manners are better, cold engine performance is better, and cold engine a/f ratio is better. (engine has all around gotten better) So I think I am done with BMHK and I do not think I will reccomend it any more as a starting bin. I have just had so many problems with it over the year I have been running it.
    However I did copy several parameters out of it into my new bin. You can read about it some here:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...hrottle-kicker
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.