Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tapped out

Fuel Injected!
    I researched what might cause that injector spike and pulled the injectors and changed the screens plus I checked the connection at the knock sensor, which was questionable, so I changed the connector. Every time I load a bin to the ostrich, I first disconnect batt neg wait a couple minutes, load bin then reconnect batt. So, I loaded the 2022 update bin and It worked great for the first drive but started hesitating between 1500 and 2000 rpms on the second and got worse on every drive. I hit the emulator button and changed linear egr to not set and no change. set- backpressure egr and the idle got a lot more steady. set- 32 egr and the idle smoothed out. I've been on several drives and its not digressing and it's running well. Now that I know this is happening, I will reset the pcm and load the bin before I record a log. might get good data before the wb02 perimeters start making it run bad. I'll post a log this evening for you to look at. Thanks dave w. Add it to the bill

Using WBO2 requires very specific .bin parameters for the AFR's to be included into the data log. The WBO2 hack repurposes the Linear EGR 0V ~ 5V for WBO2 data. Factory chips are either Linear EGR or Backpressure EGR. Mixing Linear EGR parameters with Backpressure EGR parameters is not a good plan.

Typically, when I'm using an Ostrich 2.0, I leave the vehicle battery connected when I update the Ostrich 2.0 with a new .bin file. Typically I upload a new .bin file into the Ostrich 2.0 with the ignition switch in the "OFF" position.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I changed my injectors from 61lb to the Rochester 17084327 68lb HO 350 injectors from motorman. I'm tuning for 300HP so I set FP at 19.5 and was going lean. I logged data and used the wbo2 worksheet and made changes to the open throttle VE table and it ran better but I have hours of work to do before I understanding how to use the wbo2 program. What does special paste mean? Does it mean to only populate the cells that you are going to change in the VE and data input area of the open throttle tap section in the spreadsheet? dave w I've got more ammo for the hired gun.Guess Work_2022-Update_02.bin414.xdl

It's a good plan to change the name of .bin files with every update. For example "Guess Work_2022 Update_02.bin" to "Guess Work_2022 Update_03.bin" after an update.

I posted an update yesterday, then realized "Guess Work_2022 Update_02.bin" had updates from the file posted earlier in this thread, which caused erroneous changes.

Different injectors and different fuel pressures can affect injector parameters and injector offsets.

The attached .bin has more tuning Guess Work.

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    It's a good plan to change the name of .bin files with every update. For example "Guess Work_2022 Update_02.bin" to "Guess Work_2022 Update_03.bin" after an update.
    dave w
    I agree, I like to save as with a new name BEFORE I make any changes, so the generated log reflects the changes made.
    I personally like to say briefly what I changed in the file name, such as" VE 3 ol "
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    I will not make changes again, sorry about that. This log is start, stop to try and point out the problem area415.xdlScreenshot (9).jpgScreenshot (7).jpgScreenshot (8).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    I will not make changes again, sorry about that.
    Making changes is "Tuning" no apologies needed. Updating the name of the .bin after changes is a good plan, to track the progress of the tuning (what's working / what's helping).

When I played back the 415.xdl I did not see spark advance greater than 36.6 degrees (2000 RPM / 50 Kpa area). Typically 2000 RPM / 50 Kpa is highway / freeway cruise, so 36.6 degrees would be normal. Data log 415.xdl did not show any knock retard.

Fuel Injected!
    In my ADX it shows as high as 44.6 SA. This is happening at 1500 RPMs and it loses a lot of power. When I start from a stop it gets to 1500 RPMs and will lose and lag if I don't gas it to 2000 RPMs. No matter what speed or gear I'm in this will happen at 1500 RPMs. Doesn't do it until closed loop. The only sensor that was not installed is the oil pressure sending unit. The oil gauge in the dash stopped working at 400k and I installed the new motor at 419k, so I installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge instead. Could it be a problem? I know the FP relay runs the pump until there is oil pressure and then the oil sender takes over.

Try the attached $OD .adx.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    My mechanical timing is set to 8.1 and the scalar initial timing to 8.1. My numbers are higher because I changed the SA value in the adx to 8.1. I never told you where my timing is set I'm asleep at the wheel again.

Let's try an experiment:
    When the engine is up to operating temperature, Set Initial Timing to ZERO . . . ESC unplugged. After the Initial Timing is set to ZERO, turn the engine off. . . plug in the ESC. Disconnect / re-connect the battery to clear codes. Load the "SA ZERO" .bin file file and capture / post a data log with "SA ZERO" .bin.

The Guess Work .bin files have BUTT LOADS of SA for the Vortec heads.

Fuel Injected!
    Big improvement! 418.xdl. Here is a log without wbo2 parameters set. 418nowbo2.xdl. Shows a little more SA and the problem at 1500 RPMs is almost gone, which doesn't happen until it goes into closed loop.

Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    Big improvement! 418.xdl. Here is a log without wbo2 parameters set. 418nowbo2.xdl. Shows a little more SA and the problem at 1500 RPMs is almost gone, which doesn't happen until it goes into closed loop.
    Awesome to learn some positive progress. Please attach the .bin file used to capture data log 418.xdl and the .bin file used to capture data log 418nowbo2.xdl.

Fuel Injected!
    Guess Work_2022-Update_04 _SA-ZERO.bin data log 418.xdl. 418nowbo2.xdl same bin with these changes Screenshot (11).jpg.

The EGR is still disabled for both Backpressure and Linear EVRV. Puzzling anomaly at 1500 RPM's. It's very challenging to know if the 1500 RPM anomaly is related to the .bin file because the EGR is disabled.

What happens at 1500 RPM's . . . without the ALDL cabled connected to the diagnostic port?

EGR Off.JPG