93 firebird auto (non electric early 4l60)
Using an 0411. Was told by some that an auto os is the way to go cuz the pnp switch and vss inputs can help with in gear idling especially with a cam and overall drivability. Well after being unable to learn ckp, its obvious the pnp switch doesnt tell the trans what gear it is. Pnp has its own pid, but theres another pid for actual gear which comes from manifold pressure switch logic. Unplugged trans go default 2nd. Because all 3 pressure switches are hi (open) grounding pressure switch b with the pnp switch allows actual gear to follow the pnp switch. Hwoever its my understanding that things still might never operate correctly due to the auto os looking for the switch logic, as well as all the other solenoids that arent wired in-regardless of codes being turned off it can supposedly cause odd glitches in tuning amd drivability at times. Any truth to this? I had it idling in gear fine before i was aware of the fluid switch issue so im not sure i ever even had in gear idle compensation to begin with, so maybe im netter off going manual os to avoid any possible anomolies with it down the line before i get too far ahead in my tuning. Anyone had experience with it either way?