Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xdf help

Fuel Injected!

Xdf help

Really struggling to find an xdf for a 12212156 os. The one on github is just text and i cannot download it. Is there another xdf that will work? Or a known good 12212156 xdf?
    1993 Lt1 24x torqhead swap
    Tick performance cam.

Here is an old one from pcmhacking.net.
    I use HP for obd2, so I can't say its good. I have looked through it before, and looks valid
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rLA...ew?usp=sharing
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Thats ok ill give it a try. I havent purchased hpt yet. But i have 2 p01s. One im going to use as a test mule for tunerpro until i get hpt. So if i brick it i dont mind. I found a few xdfs so far but i either get non sense numbers or major os issues that dont make sense (shows its a manual when its an auto)
    Tick performance cam.

Quote Originally Posted by blakebird93 View Post
    Thats ok ill give it a try. I havent purchased hpt yet. But i have 2 p01s. One im going to use as a test mule for tunerpro until i get hpt. So if i brick it i dont mind. I found a few xdfs so far but i either get non sense numbers or major os issues that dont make sense (shows its a manual when its an auto)
    Honestly, if you get open source stuff working properly, I don't know that I would invest in HP.
    I got mine primarily for a Dodge project that I ended not proceeding with.
    You might check out universal patcher. I'm not sure of support for 2156 os, but you definitely could change os with open source tools.
    Hpt if you write a complete file from another vehicle, I believe you now have to license that vehicle. I never have tried it cause I didn't want to waste the license credits. Gm open source stuff has come a long way since I invested in HP.
    Last edited by ralmo94; 03-24-2022 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spell check was wrong again

Also I downloaded Universal Patcher and a 2156 bin from the obd2 section here on gearhead, and wanted to report that the bin looks to be tunable with universal patcher, and I was also able to generate an XDF with it for use with tuner Pro. I opened the bin and XDF in tuner pro, and WOW Looks like there is a lot going on in that bin. XDF and universal patcher has a lot of stuff defined. Way more than HPT. It also was easy to find Speedometer settings, Ve tables, ect.

Hope that helps anyone looking for a 2156 XDF, or segment swaps and such.

Attached is the most complete version I have.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome! I mean if it works and i can navigate it well without issues yeah ill stick with it. Just wanted it to get the car to idle normally for now until i get hpt. Well see how it goes ive found a few links for 156 xdfs and most dont work, wont download, incomplete, or fills the tables with nonsense. I was able to download those just fine on my phone so im excited to try them tonight on my laptop. Side note, whats the checksum plug in for and how do i use it? Never had things like that back when the car ran on obd1 software. So its new territory for me.
    Tick performance cam.

Here is a link to one I found on this site that has been tested and refined. Have you tried it yet? I have downloaded it, and it appears valid.
    Again I have not personally used it so I have no REAL experience with it.
    Check sum needs to be updated when changes are made. Instructions should be in the following thread.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...S-12212156-xdf
    If you get checksum errors, Universal Patcher is supposed to fix them.

Awesome! I mean if it works and i can navigate it well without issues yeah ill stick with it. Just wanted it to get the car to idle normally for now until i get hpt. Well see how it goes ive found a few links for 156 xdfs and most dont work, wont download, incomplete, or fills the tables with nonsense. I was able to download those just fine on my phone so im excited to try them tonight on my laptop. Side note, whats the checksum plug in for and how do i use it? Never had things like that back when the car ran on obd1 software. So its new territory for me.
    Just copy the checksum file to your TunerPro Plugins folder, the software will then use it to calculate the checksums.

Fuel Injected!
    It worked, but i still don't understand why it thinks its a manual trans. I flashed the p01 at work (im a dealer tech for gm) and used a vin with an auto and tunerpro thinks its manual when i load the bin to this xdf
    Tick performance cam.

It worked, but i still don't understand why it thinks its a manual trans. I flashed the p01 at work (im a dealer tech for gm) and used a vin with an auto and tunerpro thinks its manual when i load the bin to this xdf
    There should be 3 XDF's referenced in this thread. Do they all agree manual trans, and GM tech # ( whatever the current number is ) says auto?
    What does Universal Patcher say?

Fuel Injected!
    Holy crap im dumb lol. I had a manual file saved as a similar name as the actual auto file from my car... Soo its fixed.. Xdf works great. Appreciate it big time!
    Tick performance cam.

What project was getting an 0411 swap? Curriousity,

Fuel Injected!
    Its a 93 firebird lt1. Has a torqhead signal kit 24x/1x. Using a 0411 pcm to run it. Built my harness myself since torqhead doesnt make a plug and play harness for 93s. Efi connection does, but its over 1k$

I have like 300$ invested into the whole project. Sold the 93 eprom ecm for 500$, bought the signal kit from torqhead for 650, bought an Ls harness for 50$ and modified it, coils were free from a buddy, repurposed the opti plug wires by adding Ls coil ends, and i think thats it besides a few odds and ends. 0411 was 50$ from a junkyard. Got another p01 for free, the other part # from an fbody before the 0411 came about. Still a 512kb p01. Now with this xdf ill attempt to get it to idle tomorrow a little better.
    Tick performance cam.

Sounds fun. Is it a toy, or going to be a daily driver?