Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TBI to 96-99 CSFI

Fuel Injected!
    find brackets from 89-93 B-body or 88-92 F-body. they are still serpentine, but the AC and alternator sit much lower. You need to use the same brackets for a TPI swap. I have a core engine in the garage with thia bracket setup on it if you want me to snap a pic....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tayto; 05-15-2022 at 08:11 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    find brackets from 89-93 B-body or 88-92 F-body. they are still serpentine, but the AC and alternator sit much lower. You need to use the same brackets for a TPI swap. I have a core engine in the garage with thia bracket setup on it if you want me to snap a pic....
    Thanks for the info and pics. Interesting info. Something to keep in mind for sure if I happen to see one of those cars at Pick-n-pull. Assuming existing alternator, R4 compressor, P/S pump will all fit? Which water pump do you use or are they the same? Did those cars have smog pumps? My burb doesn't and never has.

I've also thought about finding a wrecked 96-99 truck with 350 and using the entire accessory system from it. But, if I go down that road then I might as well use the entire system (harness, crank sensor, distributor, etc) and go OBD-2, possibly 0411 conversion too. But then looking at the time and effort for that and finding a 6.0 LS truck instead might make more sense..... a dangerous game I'm playing here. Sticking with TBI for now!

Fuel Injected!
    yes, those brackets use the same R4 compressor, power steering pump and CS130 alternator. if you find a B-body cop car they come with an adapter bracket to run the bigger CS144. Same reverse flow TBI pump as the C/K trucks. Yes they came with smog pump, can use a readily available delete pulley or just get a shorter belt.

it is easy to get carried away... I would personally just get a SBC intake that has provisions for Multi port. I have converted a truck from vortec to TBI. It was a major undertaking. Swapped whole dash & interior harness plus engine harness. LS swap will just nickle and dime you to death IMO. Brackets can be swapped in a day...
    Last edited by tayto; 05-16-2022 at 09:18 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    yes, those brackets use the same R4 compressor, power steering pump and CS130 alternator. if you find a B-body cop car they come with an adapter bracket to run the bigger CS144. Same reverse flow TBI pump as the C/K trucks. Yes they came with smog pump, can use a readily available delete pulley or just get a shorter belt.

it is easy to get carried away... I would personally just get a SBC intake that has provisions for Multi port. I have converted a truck from vortec to TBI. It was a major undertaking. Swapped whole dash & interior harness plus engine harness. LS swap will just nickle and dime you to death IMO. Brackets can be swapped in a day...
    Great info, thanks. Now to find an early 90s caprice cop car.....

I've definitely considered the MPFI intake option. It seems like the Holley single plane is the only real option still in production? I know the Edelbrock 3505 (OEM throttle body bolts on directly) is long out of production. And there was a GM/Mercruiser marine MPFI option at one time? Any others?