Thread: TBI to 96-99 CSFI

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    a datalog cable, chip burner and emulator can be had for less than EBL. especially if you are not in a hurry and don't mind picking up a used one. the 7427 can run a semi-open loop mode to run a leaner mixture. there is also some info floating around out there about deleteing the EGR and hijacking it's parameters so you can change the advance in this pseudo hiway mode. it was done 10-15 years ago. As far as "30 year old electronics" EBL only replaces ONE board in the original ECM. The mainboard is still "30+ years old". EBL is modded in a similar fashion to run PFI, so that is a moot point. the only difference is dynamicefi does it for an additional fee. as far as resolution, don't get me wrong EBL is amazing especially when you go and look at the original 747, but the 7427 is still superior. like i said before if you are going forced induction or power adders EBL is the way to go.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...ml#post3651186

LEAN CRUISE:
    a. The $0D mask does not have the ability for spark advance during lean cruise.
    however, there is a work around if you don't run an EGR valve. I'm going to reveal
    another one of my secrets here. This actually works very well. If you don't run an
    EGR valve, which I don't, you can leave the qualifiers set to enable EGR, disable
    error 32, and set the Desired EGR table and the Fuel Reduction % w/EGR on table to
    all zero's. By doing this you will have zero % EGR commanded as well as zero fuel
    reduction (remember you are doing this with lean cruise) but the EGR Spark
    Correction table will still apply. You can then set this table to add spark where
    you are removing fuel with lean cruise.
    As for what you should do to tune open loop fuel safely. That is simple, remove
    your cat. Here's what I did, I took my old tired original cat and gutted it. I
    then bought a cheap universal Catco converter from Summit and fabbed up the pipes
    to be able to replace it when it is time to pass the sniff test, then I remove it
    after testing. Cost me like $60 total. This accomplishes two things. I am running
    a gutted cat for 51 weeks out of the year and when I do install a cat for testing,
    it is like new and a new cat can be very forgiving when getting sniffed. HTH

b. enable open loop and the AFR vs VAC vs TEMP table can be used for lean cruise
    Last edited by tayto; 05-03-2022 at 08:47 PM.