Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to tuning here! Hi all!

Carb and Points!

New to tuning here! Hi all!

Hello Guys and Gals- new to tuning here. I've been fumbling around obd1.com and trying to figure out how I can look at my data from my 1995 C2500 5.7 auto. Ordered the usb aldl cable and downloaded tunerpro. I saw some screen shots of TTS, but they are no longer in business. I am not a gearhaead per se, but that is the direction that I am wanting to head! Any thoughts or pointers in the right direction, I would much appreciate!

Thanks!

Aaron
    Middle Tennessee

Administrator
    TTS is out of business but you may be able to get similar software from Tunercat.

Tunerpro has some good definition files. Do you know the BCC (four letter code) from your ecm?

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for your reply!
    Yes, I got some feedback from someone on the other end of an email address named Steve that they are out of business. I will look into TunerCat to see. I got the cable from OBD1.com, but not sure whatsoever how to start tuning or even what the benefits are. I do not know the BCC code from my ECM. How can I get that? Thanks again!

Fuel Injected!
    4 letter code on the PCM…while you’re at it post the PCM number, too.
    https://i159.photobucket.com/albums/...y/DSC00153.jpg

Carb and Points!
    Thanks Stew! I will have some time this week to get that info now that I know what I'm looking for and where it's located! I appreciate you reaching out!

Carb and Points!
    I had some time yesterday and was able to get the barcode off the PCM. I know this is a dumb question- but are there specific forums to see what the codes and PCM number mean? I am completely new to this, but want to learn as quickly as possible!IMG_0481.jpg

Check this section out
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

I didn't see your bcc code there, so it might me a different mask than $0D. If you have a 4l80, it's most likely $0E.
    Maybe someone else knows for sure, but you can a different Bcc tune, as long as engine and trans match, the box will read both $od and $oe. Hope that helps.

Carb and Points!
    Thank you Ralmo! I didn't see that code on there either. I do have a 4L80E, that I had to have rebuilt because it came out of gear around 65 mph on the interstate. I do know that a newer used engine was put in my truck before I bought it. I don't know if this PCM is even the right one for this engine and transmission? I hope I haven't opened up some huge can of worms here! But with how my mind is wired, I have to get all of this figured out! Any help or advice is appreciated gentlemen and ladies!

I would suggest you get the latest $0E bin file for a 5.7 and start with that. The 7427 as far as I know are not flashable, you have to either mod your memcal for a chip, or buy the adapter from moates.net. You can either get chips and a burner, or get an emulator. Chips are cheaper, but with an emulator you can make changes on the fly. I don't have any personal experience with emulators, I use the chips. You can download the latest XDF file for $0E, and the bin file, open them in tunerpro, and get a feel for what is in the tune. You stated you have a newer engine, if it's a 96 + You should have vortec heads, you could likely benefit from a vortec timing table, and dialing in your VE tables.
    If you are still running a flat tappet cam, you could notice a good improvement from a cheap cam and lifter set, after dialing it in.
    Stevo has a very good tool for assisting you to dial in your VE, it's called trimalyzer, and available free on his website. His site is here http://fbodytech.com/trimalyzer/
    Here is the page for $OE http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?337-16196395-PCM-Information-OE

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...er-form-Moates
    This page describes the adapter from Moates.net
    Hope that helps
    Last edited by ralmo94; 03-17-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Just googled and it looks like you are running $31.
    Found this on tuner pro forum

BNKM is $31 (I assume you meant BNKM, not BMKN). I just downloaded it and checked for myself.

I don't see how loading a different XDF can effect the way the vehicle runs, unless you tried to adjust something with the wrong XDF.

BTW, BNKM is for a 1995 5.7L, Auto (4L80E).

Here is the page for that mask. If you get the adx from there, you should be able to see correct data in tunnerpro
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-31
    Last edited by ralmo94; 03-17-2022 at 10:23 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Ralmo- thank you so much! This is a lot of new info to digest, but I am tracking. I am so relieved to know that my BNKM is for a 1995 5.7, 4L80E auto- that is exactly what I have. So I will get the proper bin files and adx downloaded and see if I can get this process going. Again- it is all new to me, so I am excited, but at the same time want to do things right!

Carb and Points!
    @Ralmo94- thanks again! I am currently struggling with getting my communications up. I have TunerPro v5 installed on my laptop. I bought a good OBDI usb cable from OBD1.com. But I haven't gotten the communication figured out yet. I have yet to see any information come across my laptop screen on TunerPro when the key is turned forward. That is my first thing I have to get right, then I'm going to attack all the other stuff and make sure my BNKM PCM has the proper $31 files on it.

Carb and Points!
    I see my biggest mistake! I was trying to save $39 and had the free version downloaded. AM in the process of switching it out to the paid RT version, then hopefully I can proceed.