I'm glad to be here. I work in IT to support my car habit. My wife has shoes so thats fair right?

My DD is a 2008 BMW 328i Hardtop Convertible 6 spd. I would love to turn it into a 360i if that slant six ever lays down... If I couldn't work on it myself, I don't think I could afford to own it.

My Current Projects:

Frame off "RestoMod" on a 79 Corvette. It belonged to my Dad. I bought it in 88. I'm replacing the anemic 350 with a 5.3. Changed the cam but that is about it. I just want it to be dependable and run on pump gas. I converted the headlight motors and power steering to electric. I like to figure things out and prefer to build it rather than buy it (within reason). I made my own low mount AC brackets, motor mounts and low mount Alternator. Waiting on VintageAir and Dakota Digital gauges. Currently working on the PCM which is what brought me here. I have HP Tuners with credits but I'm looking at future projects and want to leverage the knowledge I'm going to gain with this project.

Frame on "RestoMod" on a 64 Chevelle Malibu SS Convertible. Bought it in 2000. We took it to Orlando/Daytona every year for Thanksgiving when my kids were little. The last engine was a 383. It started wearing the lobes off on the cam and I have pulled it and replaced with an LS1. I discovered problems in the Quarters and have them replaced. I ran the 79 in line ahead of it though. The "While I'm There" thought process bogged down the Chevelle

Frame Off on a 65 Corvette (NOM) factory big block, M22, Both Tops, Side Exhaust. I should have never bought this one but I was coming down with shingles the day I went to look at it and didn't feel like crawling around under it... I bought it to be a rolling chassis with no motor or trans. When I got over the shingles (4 months later) I discovered that someone had cut the perches off a 75-79 model frame and dropped the 65 body down on it. I will eventually fix it. I have a 502 in the shop with enough stuff to make it look right but for drivability I might go with an LS.

I also have a 2001 Z28 6 spd (350k miles) was daily driver for about 8 years. Still gets 3rd gear rubber and doesn't use oil or make noise. Something to be said for synthetic oil and regular maintenance.
I have another half dozen vehicles but they are utilitarian - Silverado, Suburban, GMC Sierra, Tahoe, Charger (one of 3 non GM), Tacoma, another Camaro, Yukon Denali XL (kept at last trade to be an engine donor as they only offered me $1000 after the hail storm).

If anyone bothered to read all that, It's nice to meet you.