Thread: 7427 Efan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Does anybody have any ideas? I recall finding a post by 93V8S10 where he talked about some of the '7427 PCMs used in HD applications had pin E3 setup differently, therefore the efan code might not work on those PCMs found in the HD applications? I can't seem to find that post at the moment.

For testing purposes, I have "Temperature for fan on" set to 80.2 and "Temperature for fan off" set to 304, this should make the PCM command the fan on all the time since ambient air temp is currently well above 80 degrees correct? Or am I doing that backwards? I'm just trying to set the fan low enough so I can test it in the driveway w/o even warming up the engine

I'm going to try the other 7427 PCM I have and maybe see about the pin difference on E3 that I recall 93V8S10 talking about.

Also, When I wiggle the wire I pinned to E3 for the E-fan, I can hear something clicking under the hood, (possibly a relay) and then the vehicle dies. I used ONE 50amp relay as I thought that would be better than stacking two 30amp relays. It is my understanding that having two 30A relays wired parallel does NOT give you the equivalent of a 60amp relay, probably more like 45amps I'd think?, and even then, during fan startup I believe there would be a moment, however slight, when the entire electrical load is going through just ONE of the 30A relays.
    Last edited by CDeeZ; 07-24-2012 at 10:25 PM.