Thread: 7427 Efan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm not sure exactly what the fan is from as I bought it from a friend several years ago. I believe it came out of like a 2001 cadillac of some sort.

I'll get a fuse holder and several fuses in the 40-60A range and see how low I can go on the fuse without it blowing..

And on the fuse for the +12v to energize one side of the relay armature, that I can get away with a 5A fuse surely?

Super Moderator
    the relay coil draws something like 1/6 of an amp everytime i've put my multimeter to them, so yes, 5 amps should be fine, getting fuses under that is iffy at times, so i'd stick with a common value like 5.

if you could find a part number on the fan, it might be possible to look up what it came from, in which case i could probably look up the wiring diagram for it's original application.

as an example: 2001 cadillac eldorado, both fans are connected to the same 50 amp fuse. it works a little bit differently than yours will, since that application starts both fans off at low speed and if necessary kicks them both on to high speed, so it avoids the large current draw necessary to start at high speed from a dead stop.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Ok 5A it is for the relay coil.

I'll see if I can find a p/n on the fan.

The fan I have is a single fan, so maybe it didn't come out of what I thought?

It has what looks like some ballst resistor on it, but it's not connected and I'm not entirely sure that's what it even is?

Super Moderator
    really big resistor? probably used for dual speed operation. i haven't seen many GMs with that, but fords i've seen with them.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

just a fyi this is how I wired mine up http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ull=1#post5969
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,