Thread: Trouble connecting 1320 BT ALDL OBD1 adapter to TunerPro RT

Electronic Ignition!

Trouble connecting 1320 BT ALDL OBD1 adapter to TunerPro RT

Trouble connecting 1320 BT ALDL OBD1 adapter to TunerPro RT

Have been using the 1320 Electronics 12-pin OBD1 Bluetooth Adapter for a couple of years now with an Amazon Fire Tablet & ALDLdroid to tune the TBI on our 1990 Grand Wagoneer. Had never tried to use it with Windows / TunerPro RT until last weekend & have had a fit trying to get this configuration to work. After extensive searching online & playing w/BlueTooth settings/re-installed drivers/deleted/re-paired/defined COM ports - i have it paired to my laptop successfully on COM4, and defined to TunerPro RT as such; but, i'm unable to get TunerPro RT to recognize & connect to it. I saw this thread: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ro%20bluetooth, which aligns with what i'm seeing. Saw & followed John@1320's recommendation to change the baud rate from 4800 to 9600; all dip switches are Off. Am seeing the status change from "DA: Not Connected" to "DA: Connecting..." back to "DA: Not Connected" quickly, when attempting to connect. Wondering where else to look? Would love to pull a data log this weekend.

Back story: went w/the bluetooth option, as the PO's mechanic wired up the system all under the hood, so a cable'd version is a no-go, without a major re-wire. Am looking at doing that, but wanted to get the TBI to a known good place, before doing so.

12 Pin ALDL OBD1 Bluetooth Scanner / Code Reader / Adapter (MK II)
    Link: http://www.1320electronics.com/12pin_ALDL_BT_MK2.html

Electronic Ignition!
    After much travail, i've decided to go a different & what appears to be a much more reliable direction. It seems Windows 10 OS security changes over the last 2-3 years have complicated the issue w/using Arduino HC-05-based Bluetooth adapters. Have read thru what it takes to build my own ALDL USB cable & rather than adding yet another project & time delays associated with it - I decided to go with one from Red Devil River: https://reddevilriver.com/aldl.html, along with a 10-foot USB cable from Amazon. To prepare for moving the ECM into the cabin, I've got the A/C box & hoses out, so i can run the USB cable thru the firewall & into the cabin. Will post up the results, once i've received everything & tested it.

Will hold onto the 1320 Bluetooth adapter for use with the Fire tablet.

Electronic Ignition!
    Took a week to receive the Red Devil River ALDL USB cable, and it worked like a charm out of the box. Am using this w/a 1227747 ECM & the only weird thing involved the 10K resistor; having it enabled raised the idle significantly (1500 in Park/Neutral) IAC showed 145 for most of the drive; Took a bit of Googling to figure out that the 10K resistor should be disabled. Disabled the 10K resistor this morning & ran out for a quick test to verify & we were back to normal idle. HOpefully, i can get out & pull a legit data log tomorrow.