Thread: ALDL to USB with a FT232RL wiring help?

ALDL to USB with a FT232RL wiring help?

I collect bits that I think will be good for something someday, so I have a 12 pin ALDL plug and a FT232RL chip on an arduino style board. I know the signal line is pin M on the ALDL of the 16197427 BJKW PCM, but I'm not sure just which pin to connect it to on the FT232Rl and what if any other connections will need made. Can anyone help me out here?

I found this on this forum http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...USB-ALDL-Cable But it's a 10 year old thread, Robert didn't mention which two connections, the link is dead and Robert hasn't posted for quite a while... Does anyone know what he was talking about?
    94 GM K3500 W/4L80e resurrection project, Since it has more rust on top of the cab than it has underneath, I think it's worth it!
    There's a 16197427 BJKW tucked under the glove box that I'm trying to talk to.

Fuel Injected!
    The pin gets connected to the TX and RX pins of the converter. I built one that works OK and I put a 1k resistor connected to the TX pin and a 1N914 diode with the band end connected to the RX pin. Then, tie the other ends of both together and connect to the data pin of the ALDL port. I'm not sure if those components help, but it's the way a pre-made cable is built and I had the parts. The GND in the ALDL port gets connected to the GND of the converter.