Thread: First time tuning 94-95 $EE LT1. Does this sound right?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't make your changes the full amount of the trims. The trims do move around some affecting the averages and you'll overshoot, so make smaller adjustments.

HTH
    Mitch
    '95 Z28 M6 -Just the odd mod.
    '80 350 A3 C3 Corvette - recent addition.

Fuel Injected!
    First things first, thanks all for the advice and input, I like how everyone is so willing to help others, it’s awesome- you don’t see that much any more I don’t care what the topic is. I’m not against a wideband, just trying to do keep this simple for starting out until I really get the hang of it. I also am not real familiar with how you hook up a wide band and all. I do know it’s used to read your AFR.

My info came from here at Gearhead, TGO & YT as well as a few other sites.

Thanks for correcting me when I make a mistake. Eventually I’d like to bore & stroke my engine..but that’s later.

So if I understand correctly, would this be how I tune MAF?: To tune MAF tables, open EEHACK, click data-log. Where it says MAF you’ll see a number or multiple numbers. Go back to your MAF table in TunerPro, find the MAF number(s) you located in EEHACK and grab it and 3 immediate surrounding cells. Change the values the same way you did MAP fueling. Remember if answers first digit is a zero you subtract. if answers first digit is a one you add.

Also leave PE on to prevent detonation. Also if I were to just tune idle, cruise and mid-ish range would I just leave timing columns 80-100 alone exactly where they are factory?

EDIT: doing maf research as we speak to see if I have it right. Again feel free to chime in with criticism
    Last edited by ThatDude-98; 01-29-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDude-98 View Post
    If I were to just tune idle, cruise and mid-ish range, would I just leave timing columns 80-100 alone exactly where they are factory?
    After a drive that only includes idle, cruise, & 'mid-ish range' while EXcluding anything more fun, your logs will definitively answer this question for you. After such a drive, you should have a good idea of how to raise the WOT-PE thresholds so the borders of 'more fun' are better delineated, among several other things.
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...