Thread: OS Help Please

Carb and Points!

OS Help Please

I recently finished up my 1956 Chevy Belair. I swapped a 2004 5.3 from a Tahoe and 4l60E Transmission. I changed the intake and throttle body to DBC. I sent the PCM off to have the VATS removed and the down stream O2's removed. I have also started getting into the tuning side of it. I made a stand alone bench harness, and using Tuner Pro and PCM Hammer. I read the PCM that was sent off and it has OS 9381344. I have discovered, like others that this "I think" is a HP tuner file. However, the car started right up, but seemed to be a bit rich. Also, I'm getting the front O2 codes P0134 & P0135. I've tried several different sensors but can't seem to get away from the codes. I have another spare PCM and wrote OS 12212156 from this site. I removed the VATS, changed the transmission type, and fan temp's. The car started and noticeably ran much better, but is still getting the O2 codes. I thought it may be cause the O2 bungs needed to be closer to the exhaust manifolds, so I have moved those to right under the collector, but that didn't help. Anyway, my question is could someone recommend a good OS to start with, or maybe adjustments with the one I'm using. I'm still pretty new at tuning, but seem to be getting somewhat experienced at it. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Fuel Injected!
    2156 is not a bad OS for your purposes. Do you see any electronic activity out of your front O2 sensors at all - anything there in the OBD2 data stream?

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Carb and Points!
    I'm trying to remember exactly what I seen on the live data. But to answer, No I think I am not receiving any activity. I have tried several different sensors, I moved the bungs for the sensors as close as possible to the manifolds. But still no readings. I checked the connectors with the switch on for signal and the power, and was getting both. I think this is why it's running rich sometimes, and lacking in power at times. But even then it's running pretty good. However, I think it's not right. I'm kinda lost on what to try next. Thanks for your reply

o2