Thread: TBI to TPI on a STRICT budget

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    found this 4 min video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7zc4NjQfE from what I gathered, you can still run the engine just fine and tune it without touching the offset (aka lag aka deadtime) jjust the afr wont be as accurate. Can anyone confirm, is this correct?

Edit: can i just leave the TBI chip in my converted TBI ECM, then download a 165 or 730 bin and then the offset and pulsewidth would be correct? obviously I will be modding the engine so I'll tune the afr, spark, etc.
    Last edited by ThatDude-98; 01-28-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    great read, thank you. So if I understand correctly in whatever editing program (TunerPro, Tunercats, etc) I use just zero the actual offset and add my estimate “offset” to the Base Pulse width, anyone correct me if I’m wrong. Sounds easy enough! Thanks Tayto

edit: I understand offset/ lag / dead time doesn’t need to be perfect just want to confirm this is how it’s done.^^

1-30-2022 Edit: If you use TunerPro, injector offset is set in the BPW table, select offset and either add or subtract offset. To whom it may concern, don't get caught up on offset, it isn't THAT big of a deal. You have a few choices for finding offset: your injector factory specs, or get the injectors 'tested', OR add rough estimates into the BPW table as I described at the beginning of this paragraph. Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by ThatDude-98; 01-30-2022 at 09:14 PM.