Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LT1? Can the 96-97 Coil & Module work on a 94-95 LT!

I would emphasize removing the water pump, check out the opti as steveo mentioned. If you have a delco-remy distributor base (the aluminum casting) a drop-in replacement pickup can usually be had for a reasonable price from a vendor on Amazon called AIP Electronics. I would probably advise against leaving an original Mitsubishi sensor in if you have no way to know how old it is and if it has the Mistu logo on it, it will likely be 15+ years old.

More importantly, if you don't know the engine's history I'd replace the water pump so you know it won't spring a leak in six days / weeks / months and ruin the opti. Also, replace both oil seals in the timing cover. The water pump driveshaft seal does need a specialty tool, but one can be improvised with the case of a sharpie or a piece of soft copper can be flared to create one. This seal is terrible about letting go early and spewing oil all over the front of the engine and rear of the opti.

Hmmm, https://www.eficonnection.com/home/c...efi-24x-lt1lt4

Sure has me thinking . . .

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    EFI Connection's Opti workaround looks more weather-resistant than TorqHead's.
    https://torqhead.com/shop-24xlink-pr...egory=23575139
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...

Fuel Injected!
    Torqhead's advantage is that they can sell you the entire kit (including the PCM you'll need, the harnesses you'll need, and if you want, the coils and coil brackets you'll need). They also support the digital dash in the 94-96 Corvette, which at the moment no other company does.

EFI Connection gives you the sensors and such, but you'd still need to supply the PCM, wiring harnesses, coils, brackets, etc. And if you have a digital dash you'd have to figure out the fun of making them work together.

Or I suppose you could get really creative and build an interpreter to convert the 24x signal into the opti's high-res and low-res signals, then feed those into both the $EE PCM and spfautsch's DIY coil controller.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
    Torqhead's advantage is that they can sell you the entire kit (including the PCM you'll need, the harnesses you'll need, and if you want, the coils and coil brackets you'll need). They also support the digital dash in the 94-96 Corvette, which at the moment no other company does.

EFI Connection gives you the sensors and such, but you'd still need to supply the PCM, wiring harnesses, coils, brackets, etc.
    And if you have a digital dash you'd have to figure out the fun of making them work together.

Or I suppose you could get really creative and build an interpreter to convert the 24x signal into the opti's high-res and low-res signals, then feed those into both the $EE PCM and spfautsch's DIY coil controller.
    Thinking more along the lines of using EFI Connection's Opti- replacement (instead of TorqHead's), with the rest of TorqHead's kit.
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...

My daily driver is a S10 with Coil-on-Plug 5.7 liter.

Not my first rodeo.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I would like to convert a 96 LT1 to the 94-95 PCM. Seems like it's possible with the original 96 ICM and some wiring work.

dave w
    Very easy to swap 96 coil/icm into 94/95 harness, just need parts/connectors and a few minutes of wiring work. Don't forget the coil wire is different for 96.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8