Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
i don't know why you need the harness unless you are planning on running a 4l60e or 4l80e behind that flathead. you can repin the ecu plugs to the newer pcm style on your exisiting harness. there's also a few small wiring changes like bypassing the external knock module, as that is internal on the 7427.

EDIT: as for the fuel pump relay, 1995 was last year of tbi and first year of the newer style dash on the gmt400 platform. IIRC there was a big underhood fuse panel/relay box. it would not be my first choice in harnesses for modifying, 94 and earlier has the fuel pump relay mounted on the firewall.

EDIT 2: the knock sensor is on the passenger side by the starter. the wiring is usually with the starter wires, so unless you unplugged them you probably cut it. 7427 DOES NOT use an external knock filter. It is in the CALPACK. i would find a 7427 (with calpack) from a V6 with tbi to match your 6 cylinder flathead
Hi Taylor,

You're confusing my 2 builds, this thread is about my upcoming '68 Firebird TBI swap so I am gathering parts for a completely new setup. I thought rather than mucking around with a 747 harness pin swapping etc. I would just start with the correct red/blue plug harness, which is what I have done.

Thanks for confirming the fuel pump relay location, it's not a problem to add the relay somewhere else on the Firebird. I will go back and find the knock sensor and plug as I want to use it for the Bird.

Thanks!

Cheers