Thread: Need some help tuning 7747/$42 please. Some parameters and things I can't figure out

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need some help tuning 7747/$42 please. Some parameters and things I can't figure out

I have successfully installed a 1227747 onto my '49 Flat head Ford and it's running really well so far. I just got the logging cable working and am now starting to tune the ECM.

A couple of questions for now, that I can't find the answer for...I have read the comments tab in the XDF but it doesn't say what value or direction to go to get the result I want.

1. Throttle follower, I want it to return to idle faster after a throttle blip, currently slows down over about 3-4 seconds from throttle blip.
    2. Any way to get a quick injector pulse before cranking begins? I have read somewhere how to do this but it was a few months ago and can't find it again. The flathead has a L O N G run down the manifold to the valves, a little dribble in advance, I think would help quick startup.
    3. Data logging speed, currently at about .8Hz. How can I change that to 5-8 Hz, or is it possible at all? Maybe it has something to do with logging baud rate?? I am just letting the XDF do it's thing, I haven't needed to use the 10K R to get the data to stream, it just starts by itself once I connect.

I'm using the ASDX 88 C-K bin, seemed like a good one to start with, 1227747-V5.9.3.xdf and 1227747-V5.2.adx. I can see that is staying in SYNC mode, and goes into closed loop when parameters are met, it's a ton of fun seeing the data streaming and logging..

I know I'm about 8 years behind the TBI swap/tuning craze...but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

PS using TunerPro RT V5

PPS Are there any other ADX files out there that have more commands in them other than "read data"? Something that has the MODE 10 to clear codes would be nice..been searching but can't find anything other than in the BIN thread.
    Last edited by kilohertz; 12-17-2021 at 09:13 PM.
    '49 Ford F-47 Flathead with GM TBI
    '66 Corvair planning a GM TBI
    '68 Firebird ragtop 7427 TBI going in
    And a bunch of other cars and bikes