First of all, it's not the AutoProm itself. I initially went to Moates with this problem and after a number of troubleshooting steps they proscribed, they agreed to send me a new unit. Unfortunately I still have the exact same problem with the new unit

Problem: intermittent data stream cut-out. In looking at the log file, engine appears to be running normal with all sensors registering properly. Then in next frame everything drops down, frame after that everything is zero'd out: Vehicle speed, RPM, BPW, TPS, temp, etc. etc. Everything except MAP for some reason - that one stays as it was. Then in next frame it starts recovering. Recovery involves overshooting RPM engine was running at before by about 300-400 RPM. Then it goes back to what it was. When driving it is the recovery that is noticeable. All of a sudden RPM just shoots up and then goes back to normal. Lasts about a second. This happens at all states, idle, accel, cruise, etc. Seems to be totally random - I can't find any trigger for what causes it.

Some other notes: this happens whether I am simultaneously data logging/emulating or just emulating. If just emulating I obviously can't zero in on things with the computer, but I definitely can feel it and notice it in the tach. If I burn a chip and put that in my G1 instead, no problem at all.

When I was troubleshooting with Moates they came down to either the AP or my ECM. They said it's possible to have a damaged ECM that can work fine with a chip, but isn't able to handle the extra power load of the AP. Apparently the AP draws a large amount of power. Since the new AP didn't solve the problem it seems like the only answer is my ECM? Should my next step be to track down a different 7427 to try? Any other ideas?