Thread: Odd results from first time reflashing

Fuel Injected!

Odd results from first time reflashing

So this is more of a tuning question I assume than PCMHammer. I pulled a bin with it from an 2002 2500 silverado used the correct xdf to change tire size and flashed it back. It tripped security and would quit immediately. Flashed it back to the stock bin still tripped it. Flashed it a 3rd time turning off vats and it will run but security is displaying on the display, high beam indicator isn't working, and check engine light doesn't illuminate when you just turn the key to the on position.

Fuel Injected!
    What OS BIN number? PCM Hammer is not a tune OS editor - it is only a writer. What did you use to edit the tune and did you have the correct *.DLL file for proper checksums?

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    OS-12212156. Tunerpro with the XDf from the below link. I was under the impression that the checksum was only an issue if changing OS not just calibrations. After the first issue I did try the fix checksum option in Universal Patcher which looked like the checksum didn't change. I appreciate any help. I've messed around with a pcm on my bench harness but this was my first try in a running\driving vehicle.

http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...S-12212156-xdf

Fuel Injected!
    we found a blown fuse that seems to have caused the high beam indicator and security being displays on the cluster. Still not sure why it tripped security to begin with.

Fuel Injected!
    Well I did find this out which again I'm still puzzled about. That compare is the same 2 files. The binary compare is the one showing the difference.

Capture.PNG
    Capture1.PNG

Electronic Ignition!
    I'm about to try PC Hammer for the first time, were you able to figure out why it tripped the security flag?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RD_Atlanta View Post
    I'm about to try PC Hammer for the first time, were you able to figure out why it tripped the security flag?
    Well I'm not 100% sure but I believe either it was that fuse being blown OR I was missing the OS checksum dll when I made the calibration change. I wouldn't have thought the dll would have mattered but I haben't had a chance to test since it wasn't my vehicle.