Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G20 Van with RV Cam no power on acceleration, where to start?

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by WASyL View Post
    Yes for connected or disconnected? Did you changed this in tune also to match?
    My bad. Yes, I disconnected the brown set timing wire (lot easier in the Van then in my 89 pickup) and I did change the tune to match 5 Degrees advanced as well. We are going to get Snow tonight, so not sure I will get the Gvan on the road anytime soon to data log again. I did purchase a new fuel pump like suggested by PlayingWithTBI, and plan to adjust the fuel pressure by following these direction, found link on this site!!. https://www.thirdgen.org/tbi-afpr/ My plan is set it at 14/15 PSI, which should be good for the stock TBI heads the cam, or so I have read..

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    What are the Air Fuel Ratios from the data log?

dave w

Attachment 17326

Attachment 17327
    Dave, I am not sure. I don't currently have Wide band sensor, can I do it without? if not needed, I will do it this afternoon, when I get access to my laptop at home. Thank you for Looking at it!!

I bought a kit from RV Morse Machine, unfortunately he passed away in August, but you s/b able to find one elsewhere. You have to bend down the MAP vacuum tube a little to make it work. The installed pic was when I had a 28LB spring running at 28 PSI

Edit: I think I had ~$130 all in on this setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PlayingWithTBI; 12-05-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymo86 View Post
    Dave, I am not sure. I don't currently have Wide band sensor, can I do it without? if not needed, I will do it this afternoon, when I get access to my laptop at home. Thank you for Looking at it!!
    Wide Band (AFR) tuning is Optional. Knowing the AFR's for Choke, Warm Up, Acceleration Enrichment, and Power Enrichment is very useful data.

I consider Wide Band tuning more accurate than BLM' tuning.

I posted Wide Band tuning information here: Wide Band O2 (WBO2 Tuning) Spreadsheet (gearhead-efi.com)

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    I bought a kit from RV Morse Machine, unfortunately he passed away in August, but you s/b able to find one elsewhere. You have to bend down the MAP vacuum tube a little to make it work. The installed pic was when I had a 28LB spring running at 28 PSI

Edit: I think I had ~$130 all in on this setup.
    Looks great.. I really like your setup. I purchase a Fuel pressure Adapter I plan on install when I take off the TBI. I thought I would just leave in place. I like adding the gauge like you did however, might go that route as well.

Electronic Ignition!
    Wide Band (AFR) tuning is Optional. Knowing the AFR's for Choke, Warm Up, Acceleration Enrichment, and Power Enrichment is very useful data.

I consider Wide Band tuning more accurate than BLM' tuning.

I posted Wide Band tuning information here: Wide Band O2 (WBO2 Tuning) Spreadsheet (gearhead-efi.com)

dave w
    Thank Dave. I have downloaded the zip and will study it this week!! I have a Moates AutoProm, is there a O2 Sensor that you recommend using?

Thank Dave. I have downloaded the zip and will study it this week!! I have a Moates AutoProm, is there a O2 Sensor that you recommend using?
    I recommend the AEM 30-4110: https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...uego-afr-gauge

The "WBO2 HACK" for the 16197427 Does Not require the Moates.net AutoProm.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    I recommend the AEM 30-4110: https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...uego-afr-gauge

The "WBO2 HACK" for the 16197427 Does Not require the Moates.net AutoProm.

dave w
    Thanks Dave! I have read through the documents and have my wire installed in the ECM for the data logging and updated the BIN by changing the EGR as described. Waiting on the Sensor\gauges to arrive. I plan on leaving the original 3 wire O2 sensor connected, as that is what runs the spark advance, unless there is a reason to remove it.

Thanks Dave! I have read through the documents and have my wire installed in the ECM for the data logging and updated the BIN by changing the EGR as described. Waiting on the Sensor\gauges to arrive. I plan on leaving the original 3 wire O2 sensor connected, as that is what runs the spark advance, unless there is a reason to remove it.
    Tuning with WBO2 will still require using the original factory 1 Wire or 3 Wire O2 sensor.

WBO2 is basically a measuring tool, like an engine compression tester . . . very useful tools.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Tuning with WBO2 will still require using the original factory 1 Wire or 3 Wire O2 sensor.

WBO2 is basically a measuring tool, like an engine compression tester . . . very useful tools.

dave w
    Thanks Dave, that makes sense. I need all the tools I can get!! The AEM wide band kit I order came in yesterday. Planning to install this afternoon. I should have everything ready to data log next weekend (weather permitting)!!

Fuel Injected!
    Hello, I am missing something, I have been reading this post with focus on installing a wide bad O2 for tuning.

A little more info, I am playing with 95 Chevy truck, so I am pretty sure pin 16 will be the same (for O2 data signal) as van and the zip file calls out. Now if I recall the o2 sensor is a 3 wire? 1 is power and the other ground? does the power need to plug into keyed power source? and ground just to body or is it as simple as run wires to battery with eyelets and disconnect when done?

What is benefit of AEM gauge assembly? does the gauge come with O2 sensor? why not just buy the O2 sensor, seeing the plan is to data log?

I am learning thus my questions.

Fuel Injected!
    I tried to edit my post, system would just clock.

So I found the install paper work for the O2 Gauge and it is 4 wire, I have the wiring info, but again why gauge and not just the O2 sensor?

Fuel Injected!
    Here's a link to summit for one of the widebands I use. It is Bosch 4.9 sensor(very good) and has a nice 0-5v linear output. Like you I don't use a slow ass gauge but rely on my data acquisition. When tuning I still use the narrow band sensors and weld an extra bung in the exhaust for my wide band, then cap it when done tuning. I generally don't pipe the wideband back to the ecu and use my own datalogging equipment, however, I just did an LT-1 94/95 Lt-1 and piped it through the EGR feedback pin for my 0-5v wideband and it worked nicely without having to hook up all my crapola. Gauges are wayyyyy too slow to do any kind of AE so datalogging is key for most. I do have a super fast analog gauge that I used to use, but shite, just the gauge without and enclosure was over $500 20 years ago and not sure you can even buy it anymore.
    For AE tuning you need at least a 25hz sample rate.

I use dataq.com for inexpensive data acquisition. Shoot my first couple units were db9 serial and I want to say only about $25 ea back then. Now they have a nice USB version for $59 and the software is AWESOME. You can tailor it to whatever and name the channels accordingly. It takes a bit of time to set up, but you will never look back :)
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Yep, can't edit, new server has big issues :(

Here's a link to summit for one of the widebands I use. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm-30-0310 It is Bosch 4.9 sensor(very good) and has a nice 0-5v linear output. Like you I don't use a slow ass gauge but rely on my data acquisition. When tuning I still use the narrow band sensors and weld an extra bung in the exhaust for my wide band, then cap it when done tuning. I generally don't pipe the wideband back to the ecu and use my own datalogging equipment, however, I just did an LT-1 94/95 Lt-1 and piped it through the EGR feedback pin for my 0-5v wideband and it worked nicely without having to hook up all my crapola. Gauges are wayyyyy too slow to do any kind of AE so datalogging is key for most. I do have a super fast analog gauge that I used to use, but shite, just the gauge without and enclosure was over $500 20 years ago and not sure you can even buy it anymore.
    For AE tuning you need at least a 25hz sample rate.

I use dataq.com for inexpensive data acquisition. Shoot my first couple units were db9 serial and I want to say only about $25 ea back then. Now they have a nice USB version for $59 and the software is AWESOME. You can tailor it to whatever and name the channels accordingly. It takes a bit of time to set up, but you will never look back :)
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    I did not double click, has happened twice now. Doesn't bother me, just noting for the admins.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Carl