While being a very experienced tech and trainer, I have never dipped my toes into ECM programming before, but the time has come. I've been wanting to do this for years, and now I am in a position where I want to dive in.

Project at hand is an old V-12 Flathead that I want to TBI Fuel-Only Inject
Initially plan on using a 4.3/5.0L TBI Single and then possibly duel 2.8L TBI's later.

First question is while I have found other solutions that would allow me to TBI this application, can the GM 1227747 for example, be run in Fuel-Only mode?

If so how is that done? is it turned off in programming?
Is the ignition output just not used?

As this engine utilizes basically 2 6 cyl ignition systems I'm assuming a single coil input can be used for the rpm signal.

I have spent countless hours digging through site after site and thread after thread and have not found anything to confirm these questions so I decided, at the risk of being flamed to just go ahead and create this post asking for help.

My plan is to fully document my progress in a step-by-step fashion to share with others who may wish to finally ditch the fuel toilet(s) which on Flatheads, due to the very low fuel pressure and the fuel pump mounting design are very prone to vapor lock issues.

Thanks for giving me a shot and I appreciate all the knowledge here.