So THIS thread is what brought me to these forums.

So I just bought a 1991 C1500 truck. It's got a older style (non centerbolt heads) TBI 350 and 700R4 in it.

I'm trying to fix up a lot of hacks from the previous owner.

The ECM is a 1227747, the ESC module is a 16065711, and the knock sensor is missing, wire just hanging.

According to all the auto part websites, that ESC module doesn't seem right for a truck. Rock auto crosses it to a LXE7, but the parts list calls for a LXE6. The knock sensors KS6 and KS7 seem to coincide with the ESC's, and auto or manual tranny. Which knock sensor should I try, or should I be replacing the ESC as well?

I have two PROM's that came with the truck. "Stock" and a Hypertech Thermocrapper. For some reason, my TCC never locks up with the "stock" PROM, but it does with the Hypertech. I'm thinking it's been tinkered with as well. Also, shouldn't the knock sensor being unplugged be setting a code, because it's not. (Or can that be programmed out?)

My next purchase is going to be the Moates BURN2, take a look at the "stock" chip and compare to some of the bins posted on here.

Sorry for the long winded post, hope that makes sense to you all! :)