Thread: Hello I need help

Carb and Points!

Hello I need help

Let me start by stating what i want to do and what I have. Right now the plan is to put a 5.3 engine into a 1983 4x4 suburban and pair it up with an SM465 transmission. I bought a 2006 GM 5.3 that came out of a 1500 2wd Sierra. I have the PCM and wire harness from the truck. The OS number is 12587811. it also has a blue green plugs. But I bought an extra 2004 Chevy Tahoe PCM with blue green plugs Serv No 12586242 HDW 12583660 and an os number 12587603. This is my first project and need all the help I can get!

From what I understand which isn't much I need to download the .bin file from the PCM. get an appropriate .XDF file associated with the OS #. load both into TunerPro RT and turn VATS off. From what I've read 02 sensors, torque reductions and other things will also need to be adjusted. But right now I need help finding XDF files that will not throw checksum errors. I also need to know if the pin numbers changed in the two wire harnesses or if I can use the 04 PCM with the 06 wire harness. But if someone could walk me through step by step, assuming I know nothing, to get one of my PCM working with the engine I would greatly appreciate it.

Maybe this link will have the .xdf you are looking for: http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...2-OBDII-Tuning

Blue / Green PCM connector information here: https://lt1swap.com/2004vortec_pcm.htm

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I have a PCM with the same OS and used https://universalpatcher.net/ to export the xdf. Haven't written back to PCM yet, but the xdf seems to work.

Here is an XDF for the 12587811 OS.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pulse_GTO; 08-11-2022 at 12:49 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    Here is an XDF for the 12587811 OS.

Thanks for sharing this, can you confirm it's been test on 811 OS? in the readme file it says its for the 603 OS ?

Also, do you know what the configuration is for DBW or Cable and Manual vs Auto ?

Quote Originally Posted by greg82 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, can you confirm it's been test on 811 OS? in the readme file it says its for the 603 OS ?

Also, do you know what the configuration is for DBW or Cable and Manual vs Auto ?
    I made it based off or the 7603. I probably did not edit that portion of the XDF. Open your file and look at some tables. If something does not look right, please tell me, I'll correct it.

I think all 7811 bins are DBW, probably except for the Express Van, but that is just an assumption.

The transmission segments can be swapped with Universal Patcher if you have a manual and auto bin to use.