Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
to ensure you have appropriate fuel flow, you should verify your fuel pressure is totally unchanged (with no vacuum reference) or does not decrease as load increases (with vacuum reference) when you are at heavy load and high RPM. you definitely don't want to tune around a fuel supply issue.

you also need to verify that your injectors are clean, your map sensor, coolant temp sensor, and tps sensor read correctly, your supply voltages to the ECM, coil, and injector are good, you have a good strong spark, your base timing is correct, your o2 sensor and its wiring is in good condition, and that there are no exhaust leaks, your compression and cam timing are okay, there are zero vacuum leaks, your air filter is in perfect condition.

if you aren't sure of all of those things you could be tuning around a problem, and when you correct the problem (or the problem suddenly corrects itself) your tune will be totally lunched

if you're sure of all of those things, and you need to crank your BPW up to get things in line, then that's not a cause for concern at all.
Understood. Most things are new cts, injectors, heated 02, tps, new entire tbi wiring harness. verified base timing is set at zero degrees. Im not going to get crazy with the tune as I have another motor for the truck. The truck is mainly used as a yard truck and to plow my driveway. With the engine that's in it now it is good for me to get familiar with tuning and learn the different parameters but im not concerned with getting it running perfect. Thanks for the info.