Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AUM 3236 bin file

If you went through three bins and no improvement, and the tuner was experienced then it could be a mechanical issue? Fuel pressure, vacuum leak, faulty part and the list goes on. Can't tune out a mechanical issue.

Even with no mechanical issues your not going to click a button to tune this. It takes 100s of hours to learn and tune, even after 1000s of hours you are still learning and it never ends. If you don't have time or desire this is not a skill worth seeking.

With that said and you would rather pay for the car to be tuned I would suggest a local tuner, hands on. They will be able to diagnose a mechanical issue very quickly and proceed to tune. Very rarely do I work on a old car, conversion or built motor that I don't find something wrong with. Actually only once and it was for owner/Tech of a repair shop.

TunerPro RT is free to try and $39. to buy. It's superior software that does any car that has definitions written for which are also free with no limitations. Since it does more then a $1000 program we all support the $39 fee and avoid helping anyone that doesn't...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Tuner Pro is unlimited use.

I've datalogged thousands of times, (if not at least high hundreds ;)) and never had to pay an extra penny. It's more than worth the $39 registration donation. Mark has made an excellent program and keeps improving it.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Don't forget it also makes the changes needed in bin file, burns to chip as well as data logs all in one program! Unlimited in hundreds of cars!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

OK, thank you both very much for your help.
    If the car had a mechanical problem them I can't understand why it doesn't run that bad in open loop with the stock prom. When I put the custom bin with the moates adaptor it runs horrible in open loop and when I load up the engine, even with the A/C it bogs out and wants to shut off. Doesn't do this with the stock prom. That's why I find it hard to believe that it is a mechanical problem. What do you think?