Thread: does any one has a AkFS.bin

does any one has a AkFS.bin

I was looking for a AKFS .bin, I need to double check the fan switch setting. any help will be apreciated

I don't but do have AKFT which looks to same but manual trans...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I was going to burn a eprom for a guy who is going from a akfs to arap it seems to verry the fan setting from n/o or n/c. If you get that wrong the fans are on all the time. He is keeping his original memcal so I don't have a reference or read of the akfs.

See if you or he can read it? We don't have it...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

yeh, he cant read or burn, im going to guess n/o most vette calibrations are n/c switches

Administrator
    The Vettes and F cars are always reversed. It's been a loooong time since I've done a TPI cal but there's something else that needs changing, I think maybe related to A/C wiring?? Hmm... maybe the F car drives a second fan using a switch where the Y car drives a second fan with the ecm. But there's another gotcha somewhere in there.

Here's AKFR, very similar calibration.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you 1project2many, The fan switch related too a/c pressure fan switch the 1227165pin D11, Its odd for years I have just changed vette to n/o when used in camaros. I recently had a guy change from the 870 to 165 in his 85 camaro and it needed to be changed to n/c to work properly, same thing with another guys 86 iroc who had ripped out his a/c. so odd ... If I help some one out I just like too do it once and not get a memcal mailed back. lol . I appreciate the help ;)

Eaglemark, I got a few more 32B's I did a read on today
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    FWIW: if you're playing with a P4/P6/P66 ECM and you want to know what a specific byte or two in the calibration looks like, you can easily do a minidump over the ALDL, assuming the person has a cable to do so.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

The guy has no way or knowledge on gm ecm's. I think the best way for me to get him setup is to solder in a dip on the memcal and send him 2 eprom.http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...p/IMG_0440.jpg