Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1227747 $42 VE1 + VE2 Fuel Tables

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime371 View Post
    Im having good results with this...seems to have helped the cold start issue... however at what point do ya stop increasing PW and add more fuel pressure instead.. I went from pw 127 to 136 at this point and dropped all ve cells by 10 points
    I think most '7747 .bin files will have a BPW of about 135. I think 145 is a safe upper limit for BPW, then increasing fuel pressure would be a good plan. Lower the BPW, if the fuel pressure is increased.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    What would the point of adding ve 2 to ve 1?? eliminate a table? would it be like driving in PE mode all the time? with a racing vehicle or heavily modded engine fuel milage would not matter then.. otherwise its best to stay with 2 tables??

What would the point of adding ve 2 to ve 1?? eliminate a table?
    Yes.

would it be like driving in PE mode all the time?
    NO!

its best to stay with 2 tables??
    Depends on how much tuning experience the tuner has.

dave w

Carb and Points! 1990slowverado's Avatar
    So several years later this post will make its way back to the top if the thread list. Haha.

I have been trying to tune my truck for the past couple years. I've only been doing by VE table and have been struggling. I haven't been able to get many of my Block Learns at or around 128. And I've been fearing I'm working against a vacuum leak or some sort of mechanical problem. Truck has been burning its fair share of oil, and likes its gas (I have been feeding it 90-91 octane rec gas)

It's been awhile to remember what I initially in the bin to start tuning my new heads and cam.

Cam: Summit K1103
    Heads: Dart 10021070S
    And apparently my engine is .040 over.

ARJT bin on 7747 ecm. $42-1227747-v5.2 xdf.

I have had the egr turned off for while now. All the typical tuning stuff turned off as well (except PE seems to always activate, its annoying).

I have done several datalogs and fuel and some spark changes over the course of a couple years and I just feel like I'm not getting anywhere. It runs "good", but not much better than stock, and has the bad mileage and oil drinking problem... didn't before the heads and cam swap. All new parts were used, new timing chain set, and the heads were assembled by the local machine shop.

So back to the fueling thing. I'm going to try and post a picture of what my current fuel table looks like right now. My VE 2 Adder table is not zero'd out. For some reason, in the beginning of this project when I was setting the bin up, I could've swore I added the tables together. Maybe not, too long ago for me to recall. If anyone wants, I can post a DL. I've read a lot in this forum, and don't know if I'm just not getting it, or if I'm just screwing myself up lol. Any help is appreciated of course.

Current VE1 Table.jpg
    1990 Silverado K1500 5.7TBI/700R4/3.73 TBI Ulti-Mods
    .040 350
    Cam: Summit K1103
    Heads: Dart 10021070S
    Gibson Shorties
    Otherwise Stock