Thread: bad MAF?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

bad MAF?

We just had gotten the LT1 swap running sweet and then it cut out on the road. Circumstances resulted in having it towed home.

Went though the usual diagnosis, good fuel pressure, checking all the values in the ignition related stuff. Could not pin anything down and I was just about to consider a failed opti. But then I randomly decided to unplug sensors one at a time to see if anything happened. Well, it starts and runs with the MAF unplugged. Plug the MAF back in with the engine running and it will die after a few seconds. It had not thrown any codes, but obviously there is now since I unplugged the MAF it's running in limp mode with MIL on and fans running, but no codes prior to point me in any direction.

So, is this good evidence the MAF is the actual culprit? Got 12v to the pink wire at the MAF connector with KOEO.

If it needs a MAF, should I stick with AC Delco or is there a better choice? I see Delphi too. Looks like the Delco units are reman and the Delphi are new.
    Last edited by JD1964; 09-12-2021 at 05:58 AM.
    John - '79 Malibu Wagon - LT1 - 4L60E