Thread: Thanks for the add to the forum

Carb and Points!

Thanks for the add to the forum

Hey guys. I joined this forum to mainly learn more about TunerPro and tuning my own vehicle. I have a 2004 RCSB Silverado with a water/meth injected Maggie super charged LM7. I converted it from 4WD to AWD using Escalade EXT AWD parts. Soon I will be getting a 4L80 and Time2Kills transmission to tcase adapter.

I haven't scoured or used the search button yet so I am not necessarily asking for help just stating my current point. I used pcmhammer and retrieved a bin, then opened tunerpro and saw that it needs an xdf and a bin. From what little I know bin is just a binary code and the xdf is the main setup for the binary to make sense. Now I need to search and figure out how to know which xdf if for which bin and I believe that is all based on the OS that I can read off of ocmhammer.

So yeah that is me, what I want to learn, where I am at in my learning/thought process and admitting I know about google and the search bar before asking a question that has been asked a million times before and doesn't need another thread haha, not my first auto forum

Once again thank you for the add and cannot wait to dive in and absorb all the info that is available!

Gearhead-efi ink to OBD2 Tuning information: http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...2-OBDII-Tuning

You are correct, the .xdf file is needed. Availability of OBD2 .xdf files are limited, the link above has some .xdf files. Figuring out your Operating System (OS) is a good first step to finding the .xdf file your looking for.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Thank you for the link and confirmation!