Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help understadning my CJ7 SBC datalog

Fuel Injected!
    I also have the Moates ALDU1 & cable1. I believe Moates state that with my "older" setup that I can only use the 10k resistor. The other switch is for newer speed density reading.

So having the ALDL enabled, or disabled does not affect how it runs?

Maybe converting to computer controlled timing with a distributor like the one in the picture below is an option? Requires adding four wires to the harness.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164895931058

dave w

s-l1600.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    "BTW, I do have an oversized Novak Jeep radiator which keeps it running cool if that may be a problem of the engine never getting warm enough... just a thought...??... "

Check your thermostat, it should keep the engine temperature at the right level.Only then the engine will work right. Just an idea.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you for the update. This may all lead to replacing the distributor. It is hard for me to understand why it would run great one day, then not the next. Timing, Temp, aside. One day 9/20 running well. Next day 9/26 running poor with no adjustment in between. The original question I have is if the ALDL shows Disabled, will this affect the performance?

This setup ran great for 5 years, until early this summer. 180 deg Thermostat was replaced also this summer.

Thank you all for your help! It is very much appreciated.

Fuel Injected!

Recent Datalog on highway Fuel only TBI (really trying here)

I'm not getting anywhere on finding the root cause. I hooked up the Moates datalogger and Tunerpro RT5 prior to getting on the highway after warm up. The most recent datalog and odf (excel) file is attached from the run. Still getting lag under power, sounds like a miss, but idles fine. The engine seems to run rich under acceleration. All sensors replaced, and no error codes. 11 psi under all conditions idle through WOT. I noticed, I only could get 60% from the TPS at WOT (80mph in a jeep with oversized tires is scary!!). If anyone with the same kind of condition, or symptoms can see something I do not, ANY information would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files