Thread: Hello from Albuquerque

Carb and Points!

Hello from Albuquerque

Hello from albuquerque! My current project is a 1955 Chevy 3100 pickup (1st series). I'm doing an LQ4/4l80e swap from a 2000 suburban. I just finished the rebuild on the engine and am working on wiring right now. the only major modification to the engine is a fairly mild street cam. I'm going to try the pcm Hammer and tunerpro method first using the 12208322 bin (probably some modification) and xdf. I've already learned a ton from browsing the forum and searching, but i'm sure I'll have some specific questions in the near future. What an awesome forum! Thanks all!!! you guys/gals rock!
    Last edited by 55Chevy; 08-23-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    How is the truck coming along?
    I have been picking at this for a while and not making a lot or progress but have been able to get PCM hammer and TunerPro RT to work ( starts and runs), just don't know what I am doing now. I am local if you want to compare notes.

Carb and Points!
    Hey Fool!
    Truck is coming along great! I actually just drove it around for the first time a couple weeks ago. Just up and down my street as it's not fully street legal quite yet. But at that relatively low speed, it ran great! Getting yours starting and running is a good step. What issues are you having? Do you go to any car shows in the Abq area? I also have a '67 Mustang that I take out every now and then. Maybe we could meet up at a car show and share notes.20220604_124503.jpg

Electronic Ignition!
    Love that minimalist approach!! LOL Power to weight ratio should be great.
    I rarely get to very many of the shows, but would like the opportunity to chat with you in person if you let me know before the next one. I do have a bright green "72 C-10 that I am proud of, but is a long ways from a show car. I used to do Faustino's on Wednesdays after work, but they closed down.
    My main issue is that the engine, transmission and computer are all out of the junkyard and from all different vehicles. The collection is tied together with an ebay harness so I don't have an "original" bin file to work from.

Carb and Points!
    Ha! yeah, it's definitely minimalist right now. I have all the fenders, bed, doors, etc and just need to straighten out some dents and throw on some paint. I'm gonna try my own faux-tina paint job.

what engine and trans are you using? I ended up finding a bin file that would work well with a 6.0L/4L80e. I then found an OS for the computer that matched that bin file (it was a bit of an iterative process). I then had to do a full flash to the PCM with the new OS and parameters. I'm still thinking through if I want to do all the tuning myself or take it somewhere. I dont have a good means for data logging right now and it runs good enough that I can take it somewhere and have them do a tune.

Electronic Ignition!
    Right on! Body work is not fun and I have never been good at it so I have a profound respect for the people that do it well. Faux-tina is tough to get right but the beauty is that you just keep tinkering until you like it and you don't have to wax it. LOL
    I am running a stock 6.0L/4L80e as well. I am running a MAF and a return style fuel system. Unfortunately I don't have a way to log either and am having the same struggle of deciding whether to keep fighting this or just pay and be done...
    I would be interested in your BIN/XDF if you are willing to share it? I tried a "stock BIN" that I found here but it was worse than what I already had, but i did repair a vacuum leak since trying it.

Carb and Points!
    don't mind sharing at all! Here they are. I did put a bigger cam in the engine, but the trans remains untouched. Because I'm running a bigger cam, i've altered some parameters to be sure it started up and idled correctly. but so far so good. If you search for the bin/xdf 12208322 you'll be able to find the original. If you can't, let me know and I'll dig around for it. Nice find with the vacuum leak! Stuff like that can always cause issues and can sometimes be a pain to find!

Carb and Points!
    I might need to DM the files to you. i cant seem to attach them to a reply. I'll also keep you posted on the next car show I'll be going to and maybe we can talk more details then.

Electronic Ignition!
    Please try again when you get a chance, It sounds like it is just what I’m looking for.

Administrator
    I might need to DM the files to you. i cant seem to attach them to a reply.
    Are you getting an error message? The site should allow uploads.