Thread: Fuel pressure question? AFPR, with Walbro 255 pump, TBI 60 pound injectors.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fuel pressure question? AFPR, with Walbro 255 pump, TBI 60 pound injectors.

I am working on my 94 Blazer and I am going to change things up a bit. The truck has a 383 in it with a very mild cam, World Product SR Tourqer heads, running the stock intake ported and 2" TBI bores. The TBI has 2" bores with all the spacers...etc running 454 injectors (80 pound per hour). The pump in there now is a GM later model truck pump for a Vortec. I have the tank out and I am going to swap in a Walbro 255 pump, pull the injector pod off and mod the FPR to make it adjustable, also going to stick the stock 350 (55 pound per hour) injectors back in. It seems like I have fought the tune on this truck since day one. Mainly cold idle, winter time, runs really rich. My question is what would be a good starting point to set my fuel pressure to with this setup. After its set I will leave it alone and work on the tune.
    Last edited by 96lt4c4; 07-06-2012 at 02:43 PM.

-1999 Hugger Orange SS, LS2 402 T56, 9 inch Ford 3.90 gears, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -2002 Cavalier, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -1994 Full Size Blazer ,383 TBI 4L60E, 4.10's, Tuned with Tunerpro RT (Where it all began)