Thread: 4l60E perameters

Fuel Injected!

4l60E perameters

I'm getting close to finishing enough on the LT1 into 79 Malibu wagon such that test driving is in the near future. I had initially sent the PCM out for tuning and I've changed a few settings in the engine controls but I have not changed anything with the transmission parameters.

The tuner changed transmission settings for more aggressive shifting but I'm not sure if his settings are a good starting point for me. I feel this way because the transmission had been rebuilt not long before I acquired the donor car. The previous owner told me the guy who rebuilt the trans had done some modifications to the known weak points of the 4L60E. Unfortunately I dont know exactly what was done to it. Considering the trans may have mods that already increase the line pressure, that's why I'm wondering if the settings currently in this tune are a good place to start.

I attached the Tunerpro bin. I'm hoping a forum member here with more knowledge than me can look at this tune and specifically the transmission settings and let me know if I should change anything to get started. I think I'd rather play it safe at first then adjust to more aggressive later if warranted and desired.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Well, I took a quick look and he set the maximum line pressure scalar to 125psi and he also went over 96psi in the main pressure table. Both of these strongly point to him being clueless about how the auto data works together.

The psi tables and scalars aren't really in psi. They are just a number that points to the column in the force motor tables (columns 0 to 96). Since the force motor tables only go up to 96, the "psi" numbers should also be limited to 96.

I never looked any deeper.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Well, I took a quick look and he set the maximum line pressure scalar to 125psi and he also went over 96psi in the main pressure table. Both of these strongly point to him being clueless about how the auto data works together.

The psi tables and scalars aren't really in psi. They are just a number that points to the column in the force motor tables (columns 0 to 96). Since the force motor tables only go up to 96, the "psi" numbers should also be limited to 96.

I never looked any deeper.
    Thanks for the reply! I had my reasons for suspecting these settings were not right

Do you have a recommendation on what items I should change and what to change them to in order to give me a good starting point?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JD1964 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I had my reasons for suspecting these settings were not right

Do you have a recommendation on what items I should change and what to change them to in order to give me a good starting point?

The V4P bin from here is a good starting point.

http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...ull=1#post2437

Fuel Injected!

Thanks, I'll give that look.

Fuel Injected!

OK, I give, where is this V4P bin file? :)
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    In the link "1994-Caddy-V4P-towing-package-LT1.bin"

Fuel Injected!
    Thank You, missed it
    -Carl