Hi,

Newbe to the forun, retired lifelong gearhead, trying to help my 2 college age boys with EFI. They both have GM 4WD pickups and Fieros. I have a 34 Ford glass coupe w/a 2001 Corvette drivetrain and suspension, a 71 Chevelle SS coupe, and a 65 C-10 that I'm deciding what to have the Boys do with it, but EFI is way up on the list.

Both 4WD pickups ahve 4L60 transmissions, one is a 93 and the other is a 97. Both transmissions have been rebuilt more than once and have been problematic, to say the least. The 97 acts like it is out of fluid when it is cold, and the 93 just dumped 3rd gear.

We have purchased a 5sp standard setup for the 93 to hopefully increase gas mileage and reliablity. My son did not get the computer with the transmission, when he bought it, and now the truck has been crushed.

Has anyone here done this conversion and does anyone have any information on how to modify the existing electronics so that the computer will stop searching for the 4L60 transmission. Also we would like to retain the important features of th OBII system, but not the error codes from the missing transmission?

Thanks,

LW and The Boys