Thread: Hello GearHeads

Electronic Ignition!

Hello GearHeads

Thanks for having me! Have a 1991 350 tpi manual trans that I'd like to keep churning out the torque so I find myself here. Although I haven't a lot to share yet I'd be willing to listen to what must be the Holly Grail of endless wisdom amongst your members. Thanks to all that make this forum for us!

Gearhead-efi link for 1991 TPI information: http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...Information-8D

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks Dave! Having issues with ALDL/USB connecting with tunerpro rt. Checked port and is set at 9600 but not sure on other settings. Tried with cable in resister mode and without resister any ideas on what to check next?

Some members have found the information in the TunerPro RT YouTube tutorial link helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLRnRNapRN4

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks, I know it's probably something silly and at this point I'm guessing I'm over thinking it. There's so much info out there I'm bound to come across it. Thanks again Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by KirkB View Post
    Thanks, I know it's probably something silly and at this point I'm guessing I'm over thinking it. There's so much info out there I'm bound to come across it. Thanks again Dave!
    Mine had a few issues on the first connect. Make sure you got all of the drivers installed, then retry to connect it. 'After issues on the initial connection, it hasn't done it to me again. I believe it's the Red Devil ALDL and software

Electronic Ignition!
    I found my issue, It was my thinking the 3.0 usb port would be com port3.In fact the 2.0 port was com port3 and was occupied with a jump drive for storage files. Swapped drive and cable and now live data! Ya Hoo! Next is to test out data logging and see if my files and bin is proper. Thanks for the help guys!