PDA

View Full Version : Mid Life Crisis

EagleMark
07-01-2012, 09:43 AM
So I'm driving down the freeway minding my own business when a car dealer has this on the front row! :yikes:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=2675&stc=1&d=1341124591

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/attachment.php?attachmentid=2676&stc=1&d=1341124630

So on the way back I go into just drool and the saleman asks if I want to test drive it? :rolleye: 2002 Trans Am WS6 ram Air with 29K miles... So we are heading to freeway and I ask him are these fast? :homer: He says "Oh Yeah, hit it when you get on the freeway!" I think to myself... he's not real brite now is he? But he was right, it is very fast! he asked me to slow down a little at 110... :laugh:

So how am I going to tell the wife I want a new car?

JeepsAndGuns
07-01-2012, 04:27 PM
So much for transplanting your LT1 into something ehh? :laugh:

Manual or automatic?

EagleMark
07-01-2012, 05:29 PM
LT1 and tranny is sold, half the parts of wrecked Roadmaster are sold, complete Caprice Wagon with spun bearing is pending sale.

Trans Am was Auto, supposed to be stock and with traction control button off spun tires shifting to second gear, was a late year production and had the LS6 block, never advertised... nice but doubt I'd ever spend that kind of money on a car as much as I want it...

But am looking for a car, just loosing intrest in big projects, kid has taken over shop with paying jobs. Should have seen the look on my sons face when car salesman went into Oreillys Auto Parts and asked my son to come out and check my error codes! I opened the tinted window and told him his rent was going up so I could make payments on car! :laugh:

Was fun day! :rockon:

gregs78cam
07-01-2012, 07:49 PM
I opened the tinted window and told him his rent was going up so I could make payments on car! :laugh:

:laugh: Look on his face must have been priceless!

RobertISaar
07-01-2012, 08:01 PM
i support this purchase!

though, i'm not sure if i would drop that much money on a car with a transmission i don't like...

EagleMark
07-01-2012, 08:48 PM
i support this purchase! :laugh:

I'll let the wife know it's OK by you! Actually she told me I should go buy it...

Six_Shooter
07-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I can't see the price, how much do they want?

EagleMark
07-01-2012, 09:19 PM
$16.995.

Wouldn't be bad but I just dropped all savings into house for new heat/AC/on dammand hot water... but now save $50 a month in utilities... I haven't finaced anything in 10 years... and broke again...

93V8S10
07-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Just buy it for your wife and then drive it for her! Works all the time! lol

On a serious note. I hope you can get it, I'm been wanting to get something different too. Something quick that doesn't need worked on all of the time.

96lt4c4
07-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Just found your post, check the rear end for leaking pinion seal. These cars have a 7.5 inch ring gear and they really take a beating. They are even worse in the 6 speed cars. The pinion bearings start to get loose and you get gear noise and a leaking pinion seal.

Check under the front fenders just in front of the doors to see if somone has jacked it up in the wrong place. Usually the fenders bulge out at the bottom if they have.

Check windows to see if they go up and down fast, these cars are bad about window motors. I installed relays in each door so they pull right off the battery, the factory circuit has both sides pulling power threw the crappy switches and only from the drivers side.

For the 6 speed cars check the clutch hydraulics,

For the 99 and up LS1 cars look at the sail panel / roof for paint bubbles. These panels are fiberglass, GM changed the glue they used to glue them onto the car and over time it eats through the fiberglass and causes paint bubbles. LT1 cars did not do it. GM does not make this panel anymore so it can be a major pain to fix.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body-work/308546-bubbling-sail-panel-issue-dummies.html

EagleMark
07-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Wrong thread, this was fun but I'm not taking a loan for a car...