PDA

View Full Version : Last few days I've been obsessed with looking for XDFs and what to expect in the BIN

M4xThr0tt1e
05-17-2021, 03:38 AM
Just working on my 2002 silverado 1500 4.8L for now, upgrades later.

The other day I was trying to find a way to fix my speedometer myself since the GM dealership wanted to charge me $150 just to do that. I got the OBDII LX and a junkyard PCM Po1 with connectors and wired up the bench harness. I read my PCM for a backup bin and eventually found a XDF on PCMhacking.net. I watched about 12 hours of youtube vids trying to see if I can learn anything to help me as I started to get an itch to maybe lean out the mix just a little or add timing.

I still have not become comfortable enough with tunerpro to change anything with the timing or fuel just yet however I was able to fix my speedo and allow another 1k or RPM range and removed the speed governor.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of this tuning community, and see ya around.

B52Bombardier1
05-17-2021, 03:41 AM
Hello,

And welcome to the group. You have already accomplished a lot and saved yourself some money.

Rick

trlrider
05-17-2021, 05:21 AM
It is a journey, and once you fall off in that Rabbit Hole, there is a long journey back.
Welcome to the club!

Have been fighting with reading/writing/saving/editing OBD1 memcals. Think I finally made progress this evening in the correct direction.