PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

trixytune
03-23-2021, 09:07 AM
Just learned about this forum after looking for some files for my 1993 C4 Corvette Anniversary Edition.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMRYrHkleVBDF6Xp7-r3AiZcOVUwke0VKQvnlhx
(https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMRYrHkleVBDF6Xp7-r3AiZcOVUwke0VKQvnlhx)

I have a few projects I've been working on.
1966 383 Chevy Impala 549 hp/ 588tq (850 carb)
1978 350 Chevy K20 (planning EFI for it soon)
1976 Subaru GL wagon (gen one front clip conversion, dual carb conversion, 2 tone paint)
1986 Subaru XT Turbo (Meth injected tuned but mostly stock)
1993 350 Corvette 40th Anniversary edition, colors and options. (nearly stock)
2005 Subaru Legacy wagon, built 2.5L 690hp big turbo 5 speed dual ECU

Everything self built, I do my own work including electrical and tuning.
:rockon:

dave w
03-23-2021, 04:32 PM
:welcome:

What EFI system are you planning or considering for the 1978 K20?

dave w

trixytune
03-23-2021, 11:49 PM
I have Experience with Haltech, ECU Masters, and Fast EFI.

But for the truck I was thinking of trying the Holly Terminator EFI series because I am thinking if the vette gives me too much trouble with engine management I may also convert it over to a Holly doing a piggyback ECU setup like I did with my Legacy.

dave w
03-24-2021, 12:01 AM
I would agree with using systems you have experience with.

Most gearhead-efi members, including myself, have experience with the factory GM computers (TBI, TPI, LT1, LS1, LS2, LS3, LM7, LQ6, L99, ect.)

dave w

trixytune
03-24-2021, 02:54 AM
I signed up here because I might play around with the GM computers. I got tuner pro installed and got some xdf and ads files so I wanted to download some of the bins to take a look at. I have a 93 so I will need to get the aldu1/cabl1, ostrich 2.0, and the Xtremealdl converter to start tweaking on that. Might need to get the memory adapter to read my current rom, not sure yet. I am still learning about this stuff and trying to decide if i want to go down the rabbit hole.

I tuned on the stock Subaru ECUs for 8 years and it was relaxing to finally get a modern stand alone with live tuning and fast data logging.

dave w
03-24-2021, 03:31 AM
This link might help with the 93 LT1: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?341-16159278-ECM-Information-DA2-DA3

dave w

trixytune
03-24-2021, 03:57 AM
Yes thank you, I found that one yesterday. I've been using the diagrams today to try to chase my AC system fixes. So far no AC and I've vacuumed the lines fixed some leaks, replaced the cycling switch, tested the compressor and compressor clutch. Still can't get the RPO C68 auto climate control to command AC to turn on. Jump starting the relay kicks on the compressor and manifold gauges show the refrigerant moving. Was just trying to see if I missed a high pressure cutout switch. I've found the 3 wire transducer and not sure if that is functional but at $60 replacement, I am trying to see if I missed a separate high pressure cutout. The Climate control diagnostics shows no error codes, and all the solar load sensors and temp sensors seem to be operating correctly. Fun project I hope I can solve soon.

Edit: I traced every line by hand didn't see a high pressure cutout, so the 3 wire pressure transducer on the high pressure side must be the only way the control module knows of over-pressure. Guess I will try replacing that despite the cost.