PDA

View Full Version : It's Alive!

JD1964
03-21-2021, 10:53 PM
Not ready to drive but very much alive! Thanks everyone, for all the help thus far....

https://youtu.be/IleorKeokuk

dave w
03-22-2021, 03:39 AM
:thumbsup:

dave w

B52Bombardier1
03-22-2021, 03:40 AM
Hello,

Sounds good. No oddball noises. Excellent!!

Rick

JD1964
03-22-2021, 05:16 AM
This engine is all stock right now. When it warms up and goes into closed loop, the idle slows down real nice and man does it purr like a kitten. I do have a set of 1.6 full roller rockers I'm gonna install for a tad extra performance. CAI and long tubes are on it now.

JD1964
03-22-2021, 05:30 AM
One small hiccup but I think I understand why. When I first fired it up and tinkered, I didn’t have the ign wire to the alt so it was running on battery voltage around 12ish. I think the pcm set the trims under that low voltage condition and the pump was a bit weak. But it set itself up and idled perfect eventually.

Then, I hook up the ign wire to the alt and were running at 14.5v. The pump pressure went up and now it smells rich with a slight idle stumble. I think I’ll unhook the battery for a few minutes, let it reset. Then hook it back up and let it learn from the start with correct voltage.

Does this make sense?

....of course, I have the radiator in with coolant full and all. I made a mock rad support from a 1x6 so I could put it in with the front clip still off. When it was dry I never ran it longer than 20 seconds or so.