PDA

View Full Version : Hi ya"ll from Texas

85Z28NOS
06-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is John, I am originaly from Michigan but have since moved to Texas. I have gave up on carbs almost 15 years ago when I purchased my 88 GTA and realized how great the fuel injection was. I have always done all my own work so I decided it was time to learn to burn my own chips. I am hoping that my plc programing background will help make this learning curve a little easier. So far I purchased a Burn 2, moates memcal adapter, moates memory adapter, uv eraser, some new 27C128 eproms, and a 27SF512 eeprom. I currently have a 85/88 Camaro as my daily driver. It started life as my 88 GTA until the michigan weather took its toll on the body and chasis( I never drove it in the winter but couldnt always have it in the garage). I purchased a texas camaro body shortly after moving here and transplanted everything into it. The car now has just about every bolt on mod you could throw at it and some that I made just for me. I also have a 69 chevelle with the drivetrain/wiring/ecm from a 89 formula 350 that I am hoping to get back to finishing soon. I still need to install the fuel system but have to many cars in my driveway to bring it here right now.

EagleMark
06-22-2012, 06:30 PM
:welcome2:

Man when I went on vacation and found out other states didn't use salt in winter I never went home. Let alone some states don't have winter!

:welcome:

RobertISaar
06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
:happy:

michigan, you say?

dave w
06-23-2012, 04:08 AM
:welcome:

The pic programming background will be a good foundation for learning EFI chip programming.

dave w