PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas, tuning a 2005 LQ4, any help is gladdly appreciated.

R_Me
01-21-2021, 02:28 AM
Hello there all, I'm not a complete newb but will be looking to take this on. Could you point me in a good direction as far as software for tuning? Thanks

dave w
01-21-2021, 08:15 AM
:welcome:

dave w

trlrider
01-26-2021, 05:12 AM
:welcome2:

What part of Texas?
What I am learning with:
LS Droid using either a OBDXPro (designed by the LS Droid creators) or a OBDLink MX+
PCHammer with the OBDXPro (wired USB capability)

With LS Droid I can use either my pre-Android 10 phone or a Fire8 Tablet to read and write my ECM/PCM's on the bench.
Reading/Writing in the vehicle unless it is a complete standalone harness is not recommended.

Tuner Pro RT - you can use for free but purchasing the inexpensive license to keep the developer developing is a good idea.

For me being on a somewhat tight budget, that was the best initial path to start learning.

There are also the commercial programs HPTuners, EFILive and one or two others.

R_Me
01-29-2021, 08:34 AM
Weatherford area.

I'm looking for a USB interface since my old labtop is no bluetooth. I might get a small labtop just for this? I have a Fire HD8 though, it might work.
I would have to do this in the vehicle, since I don't have a bench harness.

Is the OBDXPro the basic interface peice between the PC/tablet and the OBDII connector, or is there others out there to do the task too?

I've heard about PC hammer and TunerPro, but didnt know which way to go.

Thanks

trlrider
01-29-2021, 09:33 PM
The OBDX Pro can be used bluetooth with ls droid or wired(USB) with PCHammer. I also use my Fire 8 to read and write.
The OBDX Pro is the fastest of all the devices currently out there for PCHammer/LSDroid

In-Tech
01-29-2021, 09:52 PM
The OBDX Pro can be used bluetooth with ls droid or wired(USB) with PCHammer. I also use my Fire 8 to read and write.
The OBDX Pro is the fastest of all the devices currently out there for PCHammer/LSDroid
No it is not, however, the most reasonably priced one and hats off to them :)

R_Me
06-30-2021, 01:17 AM
Hi all thanks for all your help

B52Bombardier1
06-30-2021, 03:10 AM
There are MANY thread discussions around here that answer all of your questions. Recent threads, current threads, old threads . . . packed with answers to your questions.

Yes, we are here to help but spoon feeding you the easy, low hanging fruit for so many questions is not right. Have you read any previous discussions around here at all? If yes, how many?

Rick