PDA

View Full Version : 5.3 swap 92mm throttle body dbc tuning cranks and runs for a few seconds

mgreen1223
01-05-2021, 06:03 PM
I have a 5.3 swap that mostly stock just headers, intake and throttle bodyNo v.a.t.s. 2156 o.s. on a 0411 pcm. The issue im having is it will crank and run for a few seconds nice and strong then die. Should I compensate for the more air by extending the pulse width on the injectors or what im losing my mind any help is welcome

Dieselsj
01-05-2021, 09:28 PM
I have a 5.3 swap that mostly stock just headers, intake and throttle bodyNo v.a.t.s. 2156 o.s. on a 0411 pcm. The issue im having is it will crank and run for a few seconds nice and strong then die. Should I compensate for the more air by extending the pulse width on the injectors or what im losing my mind any help is welcome

Does data logging show it leaning out and dying? Typically just adding headers won't be outside of the computer's ability to compensate for the extra air flow, which will be negligible at idle. I'd more expect that the computer isn't keeping your fuel pump running.

mgreen1223
01-06-2021, 04:50 AM
it has the 243 heads a 92mm tb and intake. And also the fuel pump is ran independent from pcm

fsearcy2
12-02-2021, 04:47 AM
i have the same exact setup as you i have been banging my head trying to figure this out i can start it it runs like crap i pull the maf sensor connector off and it runs better but cant gas on it i just figured out today that my fuel pressure regulator is jacked i noticed the little valve in it was cocked sideways and i put vacuum to it and it doesnt move so the gas is just going right back to the tank no pressure = no gas pedal i will put a new one on in a couple of days we will see good luck with yours you might check your valve also???