PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody

Sitrucjr
10-14-2020, 04:06 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. My current project is a 1974 Chevy G10 that I put a 5.3 Ls engine that is mated with a Th350. It still needs the pcm flashed, fuel system installed, transmission cooler and lines, and a radiator and a few other parts.

thedave
10-14-2020, 04:58 AM
Looks really nice man. what kind of tuning are you thinking of running? I have hp tuners,efi live and of course I can use tuner pro. let me know if i can help you with a base tune.

Sitrucjr
10-14-2020, 08:01 AM
Thanks. I’m not sure about what tune yet. Do you mean like performance tune or street tune when asking about what kind of tune? I appreciate you offering your help man.

thedave
10-14-2020, 05:59 PM
Thanks. I’m not sure about what tune yet. Do you mean like performance tune or street tune when asking about what kind of tune? I appreciate you offering your help man.
well to me there's not much difference between a street tune and a performance tune NA in less you have nos or are running a blower or turbo. I would give you a base tune that set's you up for good fueling at wot and a good spark map that is not going to have knock if you run 91-93 octane. I can also set it up so if your running 87 octane but your going to sacrifice some power running lower octane. I would also do some transmission tuning I am guessing your running a 4l60e transmission? if so you should probably do a shift kit and a corvette servo to make it live longer if you plan on having a lot of fun with it.

Sitrucjr
10-14-2020, 06:33 PM
I plan on daily driving it so a base tune sounds good. I have a old th350 non electric mated to it.