PDA

View Full Version : Best source for new GM pcm unlock codes?

1project2many
07-23-2020, 04:22 PM
Greetings,

We have vans in our fleet that are new enough to require an unlock code from GM. I've seen a number of places offering to sell me codes for a fee. I'm wondering what sources folks are using to get these codes and what is a typical cost. Feel free to reply by PM if you don't want to reply on forum.

Thanks,
1project2many

In-Tech
07-23-2020, 05:06 PM
Are you talking about the answer for the seed? Seed/Key? If so, how many byte seed and which ecm,tcm,bcm, etc?

1project2many
07-23-2020, 06:25 PM
Hmm... Good questions. Vehicles built after 2017 require a key supplied by GM. Places that offer to supply the key on the web only ask for a VIN to supply it.
http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/2017keynew.html

I will try to connect my laptop to one of the vehicles today or tomorrow to collect information.

brian617
07-23-2020, 10:32 PM
Are you talking about the pin required to access dealer module re-programming with a pass through box j2534 for software updates and new module programming etc?

1project2many
07-23-2020, 11:12 PM
I've never used pass-through programming so I don't know if the PIN you're asking about is the same. With the 2017+ vehicles GM has changed their security algo. Seed/key that we all knew doesn't work. Now you need to get the seed from PCM then contact GM to get the key. Chrysler has locked their programming behind a PIN for years but we could call the dealer and get the code for free. For GM vehicles, folks with a subscription to tis2web could get the keys but GM now says no more subscriptions to tis2web.

TC software will query pcm then display seed. Programmer must provide key.

2xls1
07-24-2020, 05:22 AM
I've never used pass-through programming so I don't know if the PIN you're asking about is the same. With the 2017+ vehicles GM has changed their security algo. Seed/key that we all knew doesn't work. Now you need to get the seed from PCM then contact GM to get the key. Chrysler has locked their programming behind a PIN for years but we could call the dealer and get the code for free. For GM vehicles, folks with a subscription to tis2web could get the keys but GM now says no more subscriptions to tis2web.

TC software will query pcm then display seed. Programmer must provide key.

And then TC will provide the key for $45.

diagmate
07-03-2021, 08:52 AM
Sorry for bumping this old thread, I can help with the new GM PCM unlock codes.

2xls1
07-11-2021, 08:06 PM
20A22DB706