PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Oregon

Drew G
05-28-2012, 08:51 AM
This is an amazing site! I was googling for ADX files when I found it. I am new at EFI, lots of questions, and I am sure I will learn a lot here. I hope somewhere along the way I will be able to give something back to the group.
I have a 94 Camaro Z28 automatic project car that I have been fixing up for the last few months. It was given to me (carefull what you wish for), a non runner, and had been parked (outside) for about 8 yrs. Dead fuel pump, dead optispark, gummed solid injectors, rotted out interior, floor pan rust holes Fixed it all, and it is now back on the road. Running very rich, and the speedo is off due to non stock diff gears. Now the fun begins with prgramming the LT1's PCM.

Rtcat9
05-28-2012, 10:48 AM
welcome i just joined my self. i agree it is a amazing site. good luck on the tuning

dave w
05-28-2012, 06:09 PM
:welcome:

I'm in Vancouver WA.

dave w

Drew G
05-29-2012, 04:14 AM
welcome i just joined my self. i agree it is a amazing site. good luck on the tuning
Thanks for the reply. I see from some of the other posts you are deep into a project already. Good luck.

Drew G
05-29-2012, 04:32 AM

I'm in Vancouver WA.

dave w

I used to live up there.... 89 - 96. Worked at SEH. Still have family there. Wow has that place changed! If you ever get down to Woodburn dragstrip or some where near for a car show etc drop me a line.

for now I am still working on the real basics.... built a 2transistor adapter, TP V5 locks up my newer laptop w/XP Pro , TP V4 opens but didn't make connection with USB to RS232 adapter... gave up on both. Moved to older laptop, V5 opens, and laptop is old enough that is has an RS232 port.
Ready to plug in and try connecting.... hopefully i downloaded the right files, and the circuit is wired right.
Will try not to let the magic smoke out!

dave w
05-29-2012, 07:46 AM
I used to live up there.... 89 - 96. Worked at SEH. Still have family there. Wow has that place changed! If you ever get down to Woodburn dragstrip or some where near for a car show etc drop me a line.

for now I am still working on the real basics.... built a 2transistor adapter, TP V5 locks up my newer laptop w/XP Pro , TP V4 opens but didn't make connection with USB to RS232 adapter... gave up on both. Moved to older laptop, V5 opens, and laptop is old enough that is has an RS232 port.
Ready to plug in and try connecting.... hopefully i downloaded the right files, and the circuit is wired right.
Will try not to let the magic smoke out!

Wow,
Small world, I worked SEH 95 - 2000 in Buildings 10 & 15 as an EPI maintenance tech. If I get out your way, I'll send you a PM.

dave w

Drew G
05-30-2012, 05:25 AM
even smaller world than you think.... I was an Epi Process Engineer. So we must have crossed paths...

No luck on the connection yet, but I figured out last night that I had missed a solder connection on the homebuilt 2 Trans board. Fixed now, waiting for my wife to get home with the car....

EagleMark
06-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Fixed now, waiting for my wife to get home with the car....Well if it were running good she may be out burning tires and fuel! :laugh:

:welcome2:

Did you start a thread or get it working yet?