PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Atlanta - LTx with YSi checking in

djxib
05-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi all - I'm a regular on the Corvette Forum and also Corvette Guru (same user name). I am in the final stages of tuning a 1992 C4 with the following specs: LT1 block, LT4 heads and intake. Fully built (Callies Rods, JE pistons, dragonslayer crank - 383 CI at around 9:1 CR). The engine was built by Grimes in Alpharetta and dyno'ed in their shop at 430HP/420TQ at the crank. I added a V7-YSi supercharger with alcohol injection - running 60lb Siemens injectors. Walbro 340 intank and a 392 in series (enough pump to flow 72 gallons per hour at 60psig). The thing dyno'd at 545 RWHP / 560 RWTQ at 5000 RPM before going 'lean', so I'm currently planning to upgrade a few things - including pump for 84gph at 60psig and maybe larger injectors or an FMU. I am doing all my own tuning - I'll keep you all posted!

Loving that I found this forum!

Cheers, Andy.

EagleMark
05-25-2012, 03:19 PM
:welcome2:

Your having way to much fun without us!

Hot wire kit to fuel pump?

Start a thread! Would love to see this.

:welcome:

djxib
05-25-2012, 03:53 PM
:welcome2:

Your having way to much fun without us!

Hot wire kit to fuel pump?

Start a thread! Would love to see this.

Planning a thread once it's all dialed-in!

Yes - Racetronix harness to the pumps. It uses the stock FP relay and wiring to drive a larger relay that has a large hotwire feed direct from the alternator. I also have an upgraded ground harness.

Added some 'taster' pictures. Note that the current pipework extends into the wheelwell, that's being fixed in the summer.

EagleMark
05-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Planning a thread once it's all dialed-in!How are we going to help or learn like that? Your no fun... :rolleye: we wanna play too! :rockon:

Videos of burnouts under boost gets you bonus points! :innocent2:

djxib
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM
How are we going to help or learn like that? Your no fun... :rolleye: we wanna play too! :rockon:

I think I'll have enough issues that I'll need help - stay tuned

Videos of burnouts under boost gets you bonus points! :innocent2:

Working on it!

EagleMark
05-25-2012, 05:30 PM
stay tuned! I like that...

dave w
05-26-2012, 04:05 AM

dave w